#11 10/22/15 1:57 PM
Originally Posted by rclaridge:
This website isn't called indianatintop.com .....LOL
Now that's funny lol bright spot of my day
2 Likes: flagboy55, rclaridge
Puppy (Offline)
  #12 10/22/15 5:56 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
But in my world it ain't even close. If you think late models are more popular, and want an answer why, ask yourself why NASCAR is so popular? That should tell you that popularity ain't got **** to do with quality racing!
Dirt late models popularity has NOTHING to do with NASCAR's popularity. Not even close. The DLM crowd is FAR more knowledgeable and faithful to the sport than 20% of the modern NASCAR crowd. DLM's are great cars and great racing. I would like to strap one on some day!
5 Likes: fish, interpreter66, jim goerge, sc17x, Stevensville Mike
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #13 10/22/15 6:38 PM
It's all in the promotion.

I can tune in periodically and watch the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Models on the tube. I can't tune in and watch any sprint car racing, though. A far difference from 10 years ago when the WoO was on every week on the Outdoor Channel tape delayed. But since then with the advances provided by the internet, one can pick and choose races from here and there. I personally cannot wait to watch the WSS from down under when they start up for their season.

Late Models..... Sprints..... Both are good, but I prefer the latter.
4 Likes: fish, flagboy55, jim goerge, Puppy
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #14 10/22/15 8:01 PM
I for one like racing across the board..i have tended to get more into midgets than sprint cars the last year or so. The 10 race deal Montpelier does is pretty cool. I also like sprint car racing. We are very lucky to have what we do across the state. You could also find me at a latemodel race. Everyone has there preferences on what they like/don't like.. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with liking latemodels, mods, or stocks. I am just a race fan .

Tk
3 Likes: dkdorkboy, fish, Puppy
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #15 10/22/15 11:04 PM
Puppy, you totally didn't get my sarcasm.
2 Likes: cwfan08, fish
brian2h (Offline)
  #16 10/23/15 7:29 AM
i started my racing in a late model back in 1984 85 86 then got married lol started in sprints in 1990 back then late models where not as popular and sprints where gaining popularity thats why i changed both are alot of fun to drive i would say on big tracks late models on short tracks sprint cars for sure but i loved both. plus if u think sprint car racing is expensive go late model racing lol
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, cwfan08, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jim goerge, Puppy, Rex W.
flatout (Offline)
  #17 10/23/15 12:10 PM
Brian.... That is an interesting statement about cost. In what areas are late models more costly to run than sprint cars? I always thought that sprints had a higher cost per race to run.
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #18 10/23/15 1:19 PM
The tire bill is much much higher on a Late Model, but if you notice they have a lot more higher paying shows than Sprint Cars for whatever reason.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #19 10/23/15 4:13 PM
How much sheet metal is replaced on a sprint car each year. Add to that extra wraps, decals or paint, Also a lot more 50 lap plus races.

I don't know what everyone spends on what, But I did look up the Roush LM motor that Bloomer was running a couple years ago and it was 52k

Charles Nungester
Puppy (Offline)
  #20 10/23/15 5:14 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Puppy, you totally didn't get my sarcasm.
Oh, I didnt realize thats what it was.... ALL GOOD!