IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
goodoleboy24 (Offline)
  #21 2/2/14 5:09 PM
Moler is running a special Saturday show that week they r at moler
tq35 (Offline)
  #22 2/9/14 10:19 AM
Hope to see thirty at No Way Out! Come on March...
Knoke77 (Offline)
  #23 2/9/14 9:08 PM
We keep in touch with Tom quite a bit. When I ran his car back in 2004 he said I should just keep it here in Indiana and run it when I wanted but I passed on it at the time. May have to re-visit that conversation with him sometime. It's definitely a fast car and Tom always had good motors. As for the picture of Bob Nichols and the three cars, the only Nichols chassis in the picture was Chris Coers. My car was a Stapp chassis we bought off Danny Roberts that we ended up selling to Jason Willis. I'm not sure what kind of car Scheffel had. They all had some Nichols magic in them somehow though, either in the chassis or engine (Bob built my engines which were awesome and super reliable).
badcoupe (Offline)
  #24 2/9/14 10:57 PM
I miss that old man a bunch, he and joey were close. I roomed with him in ft wayne, what an experience! Was great to go down there and hangout occasionally.
ShaneMugavin57 (Offline)
  #25 2/19/14 7:49 PM
Originally Posted by goodoleboy24:
Moler is running a special Saturday show that week they r at moler
Schedule is on moler Facebook page and you guys are scheduled on 2 Friday Nights only. They are running 1 or 2 Saturday shows later in the year but not with Tq's. Running a Saturday in April in that area would be suicide for them as ton of Saturday night tracks are in action.
goodoleboy24 (Offline)
  #26 2/25/14 10:26 AM
kim moler just called us to let us know the the april 26th date has been changed to friday april 25th. also the date for vermilion county fair was june 21st it is now june 20th. thanks
hupp#9 (Offline)
  #27 2/26/14 3:07 PM
If it wasn't for Bob I wouldn't know a quarter of what I know now about racing or working on cars I spent every chance I got in the shop with him from the time I was a little kid watching him help Jason till the time I was a teen and driving one of his mini sprints he grew to be more of a grandpa figure to me than anything he was a great guy and no matter what you needed he had the answer or a backwoods dependable way to fix it