IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #1 9/5/16 11:14 AM
I saw a tweet last night that said something to the effect that the race last night at Calistoga was a bad display of our sport. I wonder if anyone was there that could elaborate or direct me somewhere other than the usac press release to get more details? Or perhaps some highlights? Thanks
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #2 9/5/16 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I saw a tweet last night that said something to the effect that the race last night at Calistoga was a bad display of our sport. I wonder if anyone was there that could elaborate or direct me somewhere other than the usac press release to get more details? Or perhaps some highlights? Thanks
We were there last night and it was a wild one! Didn't see the tweet you mention but the feature took an hour to run. Controversy began when Meseraull and Macedo were battling for the lead and in turn one were side by side with Meseraull on inside and contact between the two was made. Meseraull continued and Macedo hit wall and flipped over several times. Last lap was big mess as on a restart Jeff Ensign left front shock mount was broke from earlier incident and he spun in turn two taking several others with him. Curfew of 11 PM hit at this time (lap 29) and race was checkered. Kevin Thomas Jr. crossed the line fifth but they went back to last completed lap and finish was determined by running positions at that point with cars involved finishing in front of Thomas and others. Total confusion at the end!

Bruce Eckel
3 Likes: flagboy55, jim goerge, racegal
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #3 9/5/16 12:07 PM
Thanks Bruce. I saw that Jac was up to 3rd at some point and finished 10th. Someone said he got dirtied on twitter. Granted you can't always believe what you read but I thought it was worth some investigation. Thanks again
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #4 9/5/16 12:32 PM
Don't forget the tire issues that plagued much of the field.
NOSTINKINWINGS (Offline)
  #5 9/5/16 2:02 PM
The Demon got the Haud. Deathslide failed...