IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
admin (Offline)
  #1 6/9/16 3:40 PM
6/9/16 3:28 PM BILLY PAUCH NAMED WILLIAMS GROVE GRAND MARSHAL

http://usacracing.com/news/silver-cr...-grand-marshal

BILLY PAUCH NAMED WILLIAMS GROVE GRAND MARSHAL

Versatile racing legend Billy Pauch has been named grand marshal of the Friday night, June 10 “Horn/Schindler Memorial” USAC Silver Crown event at Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.

The Frenchtown, New Jersey native was USAC’s last feature winner at Williams Grove in a sprint car back in 1996, but is no stranger to the Silver Crown Series, making 12 starts between 1982 and 2004, finishing a career-best second place at Nazareth National Speedway in March of 1983, one of his five top-5 finishes.

June 10 marks the Silver Crown series return to “The Grove,” after a 35-year absence.* Sheldon Kinser took the victory in 1980 while Eddie Leavitt collected the win in 1981.

A field of 22 cars are set for Friday’s 100-lap event, including the series debut for the son of the grand marshal, Billy Pauch, Jr.* Pauch, of Milford, N.J., has been tabbed to drive the Bob Lesko/Wayne Subaru/Beast/Chevy number 52.* That’s the very same team that his father drove for in two Silver Crown starts during the 1985 season.

The “Horn-Schindler Memorial” featuring the USAC Silver Crown series as well as the ARDC Midgets gets underway with pit gates opening at 3:30pm, the drivers’ meeting at 6:30pm, hot laps at 7pm and ProSource qualifying at 7:30pm.* General admission adult tickets are just $25 while children age 13-20 get in the gates for $10.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, DirtHawk92, jim goerge, TNRustler
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #2 6/9/16 4:53 PM
Man I wish I was in Pa this week
3 Likes: DirtHawk92, jim goerge, smith19
Backitin (Offline)
  #3 6/9/16 5:56 PM
I'm in PA but wish I had the money, Were racing so broke.
Billy Pauch is maybe the best driver I've ever seen in anything. When he turned the legal age to race in NJ he ran at Flemington and completely dominated from the start and for many years. If you knew about Flemington you know that's his biggest racing accomplishment.
Theres a shot of him on 3wides racing photo site that is maybe the most badass photo I have ever saw. Its pauch going into the first turn at the Syracuse mile on the start. He's more sideways then possible, both rear tires billowing smoke and the fronts completely crossed up. Its completely insane and worth looking for. He stated it was the scariest thing he's ever done, but he got the lead.

p.s. I always hated him because he smoked my hero's, now I know better. If we end up getting a STR midget my son might end up racing him and his son Billy jr. on Wednesday nights.
2 Likes: davidm, DirtHawk92
trecraft (Offline)
  #4 6/9/16 7:45 PM
Only one day and 425 miles away.
Closed Thread