IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My 1st indiana midget week
6/16/14, 10:20 AM   #1
My 1st indiana midget week
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Started out at LPS with the people around us Cheering black n red Toyota demise . I was concerned but turns out these people were the exception to the rule for the race fans I met the rest of the week . I will say there is a faction of fans in Bloomington that we couldn't understand a Dang word they said . Ian and Allison sat in front of us and were easier to understand . We were told later these were indiana rednecks . I've been going to knoxville for 22 yrs and I think midget week is a lot more fun . Loved the racing and loved the people . Thank you to the fine people of Indiana . Oh one small thing ... The lack of etiquette taking turns getting out kokomo parking lot could use a bit of polishing. Dam near got run over 5 times . Hope some of u experienced as much at Illinois midget week .

6/16/14, 10:22 AM   #2
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I almost forgot ..... the burg is awesome !!!

6/16/14, 11:47 AM   #3
Re: My 1st indiana midget week
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
I almost forgot ..... the burg is awesome !!!
Not only were the Midgets great, fast as hell and a great show
But
You got one of those instances where in some cases USAC sprints are not any better than a good local Indiana Sprint Show. Almost all the big dogs were there, Stanbrough, Darland, KR. Ballou, Leary, Grant, Windom. Yeah some where missing, Bacon, Schurenburg. Clayton and a few others like TMez but they raced as hard for 1500 as they do for 5000 or 10000 there was more passing and swapping positions in that race than politicians in Washington and more sliders than White Castle. Grant from 13th and grabbed the lead a few times, Windom "The Bear" in Grizzly mode, Darland, everytime you thought he was out, he was back in the game and stole second from grant. Ballou, OMG he pulled some moves at the end of the race but the ones that he made early were MONSTER BOMBS I had no clue on how he was going to pull it off, but somehow did.

Boespflug, proving a good setup and driver can run up front even without all new and top equiptment "Seen it many times"

You like that, Sprintweek is even better *IMHO* One, you have Terre Haute and Haubstadt added, Each show had a event feel and the B mains any track would be thrilled to have as their feature.

4 members like this post: johnnythunderhead, mc/rider, Mud Packer, robert gatten
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > My 1st indiana midget week