IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln
6/3/10, 9:02 AM   #1
Lincoln
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Levi Jones sets fast time and a NTR AND wins the feature can he do anything thing else???Oh he was selling concessions also!!Two local guys put on a hell of a show, Mackison from 14th and Montieth was third. Chris Windom finished 2nd.
Glad to soon Coons back after his nasty Tuesday at Grandview. Also Caleb Armstrong took a bad one too, took a ride to hospital, ok from what I hear, didn't race last night.Would post more but notes are in the truck and we need to hit the road for Jersey
Susan, DD is looking fine in the 39 carWasn't for Indiana drivers there wouldn't be a USAC Eastern swing.Later all grabbin gears

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: IndyBound, jim goerge
6/3/10, 1:49 PM   #2
Re: Lincoln
racerjim2

Didn't look like much of a crowd last nite at Lincoln. Guess the posse people just support the wingless cars much. Such a shame!

6/3/10, 2:13 PM   #3
Tim Clauson

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjim2 View Post
Didn't look like much of a crowd last nite at Lincoln. Guess the posse people just support the wingless cars much. Such a shame!
The place was jammed up with spectaters, talking with the locals they said it rivaled woo crowds. A couple of drivers commented about the amount of kids hanging on the fence during driver intro's and the 4 wide parade laps.
Posted via Mobile Device

6/3/10, 2:37 PM   #4
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

Not a small crowd but not up to reg. Sat. night standards. I was surprised that it wasn't packed to the gills. Grandview was a little off too. My thinking is that everyone was a little nervous about the car counts. (Grandview also had a shakey weather forecast)

Those who didn't go, you missed 2 great shows. Glad I went.

Later, JERSEY

6/3/10, 2:49 PM   #5
hoosierhillbilly

I wonder if the local fans had enough racing since keystone cup finished on Monday. They basically have had 2 weeks of racing.
Posted via Mobile Device

6/3/10, 3:15 PM   #6
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
I wonder if the local fans had enough racing since keystone cup finished on Monday. They basically have had 2 weeks of racing.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think this is probably more accurate. BTW-L. Jones, C. Windom, B. Clauson, J. Mackison, B. Montieth(not 3rd).

6/3/10, 4:21 PM   #7
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Crowd was as good or maybe a bit better then the weekly Saturday night crowd. I came over from the pits for the features and had to go down to the bottom couple rows to find a place to sit.

I thought it was a great program.

6/3/10, 4:52 PM   #8
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Crowd looked good to me.

6/3/10, 5:32 PM   #9
BrentTFunk

This has been rough, first time since USAC started this swing, that I have not been able to go. I sure miss the PA fans. We always had a good time. Hope all of you have a fun and safe trip.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln