IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
harry jones (Offline)
  #1 5/30/10 9:23 PM
What a Saturday night at K.C's Raceway. Each division put on a great show. My hat goes off to each and every one of the drivers. A.M.S.A. had a Feature race that took all 22 cars, guess they didn't want to send 2 cars home. Good for them. There was a battle for 1st place with cars 28H and 27. They are both every good drivers. I wasn't in my seat to much during the race, when the 1st lap took out several cars. Can't wait to see them again over there. Even if it is a long drive for us fans. it is will worth it.
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #2 5/30/10 11:06 PM
Well a few cars went home after that mess of a start......and we were one of them. We didn't get out of there until 1am, that's a late night.

We enjoy that track but they really need to speed things up. We might go back but I'll be getting a hotel and spending the night. The two hour drive was hell.....I think I got to bed at 4:00am.

It was one heck of a race though....Rod and Beau put on a show. Too bad my kid got to watch it from the infield.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
harry jones (Offline)
  #3 5/30/10 11:14 PM
2 hr drive, if I would drive home I would be spending all my time on the road. I live in the U P of Michigan but, doing the summer I stay around all the race tracks. Racing is in my blood. Sorry about your boy. Hope he wasn't hurt, they didn't say anyone was hurt. What was his car no. The Mini Sprints are a great group.Lots of talent coming up.
slide22 (Offline)
  #4 5/30/10 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by Phylo82:
Well a few cars went home after that mess of a start......and we were one of them. We didn't get out of there until 1am, that's a late night.

We enjoy that track but they really need to speed things up. We might go back but I'll be getting a hotel and spending the night. The two hour drive was hell.....I think I got to bed at 4:00am.

It was one heck of a race though....Rod and Beau put on a show. Too bad my kid got to watch it from the infield.
Now you know how we feel every single week.
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #5 5/30/10 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by slide22:
Now you know how we feel every single week.
I don't mind a two hour drive when you get finished at a decent hour......but 1am??? Too fricking late. Heck....there weren't even any classes there that needed to be push started. That was one heck of a drag-ass night.

It's a great track.....we like the place. But I won't go there that often if I am not going to get home until the next day.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Originally Posted by harry jones:
2 hr drive, if I would drive home I would be spending all my time on the road. I live in the U P of Michigan but, doing the summer I stay around all the race tracks. Racing is in my blood. Sorry about your boy. Hope he wasn't hurt, they didn't say anyone was hurt. What was his car no. The Mini Sprints are a great group.Lots of talent coming up.
Yeah.....I can drive forever too when I don't spend the entire day before wrenching on the car and then sweating my ass off at the track working on a car all night.

Hell, if I didn't have an 18 foot trailer being pulled behind my truck I could have a blast at the track and let my wife drive home at 1am. But let's face it, that ain't going to happen.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
somebodysmam (Offline)
  #6 5/31/10 4:38 PM
Know what you mean as we have a 5+hours drive so we lose 2 days if we stay over or drive back the same night.We don't have a car so we can just make it a adventure and enjoy the drive.Thank guys for coming and giving the people a good show.Be sure and thank Jerry for starting everyone so everyone got something.Also for the donations for gas card,hard charger and 1st 600.Mert will have a better write up on web site so check it out later.I will post the feature next and sent results and points to web site to be posted.Thanks again guys
harry jones (Offline)
  #7 5/31/10 8:39 PM
does each association give away gas cards? That is a good idea, it helps someone to have gas to get home. if they don't make the show. Don't know how you give it away but still a good idea. and starting all 22 cars was good why just send 2 cars away with nothing. Mr Tague needs a pat on the back for that. I see where A.M.S.A. will be at Lawrenceburg Sat. June 5th. We all will be there. We park the motor home out front. and enjoy our stay there. The Burg is a very nice place and we enjoy all the races there. We travel to other tracks if the Burg isn't racing. This old racer just loves to race, but, to old to climb into a race car but, I sure did my share years ago I raced almost anything that had a motor on it .
TNR22 (Offline)
  #8 5/31/10 9:01 PM
Harry come intoduce yourself at L-burg, I am sure a lot of us would like to meet you you seem to be a great fan of our cars. Also Ryan said every one at work that went to K.C Sat. loved our cars and were very impreesed with the show we put on. I thought that was a great complement for all of us
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #9 6/1/10 11:21 AM
It was a great race....no doubt about that. The best feature of the evening from what I saw. Beau and Rod did a fantastic job of racing each other hard without wrecking themselves or anyone else. I would love to see a re-play of the 27 car coming through the field from 4th to first.......that was one heck of a race.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
TNR22 (Offline)
  #10 6/1/10 12:18 PM
He looked real good up in the Big boy groove I was impressed.

Originally Posted by Phylo82:
It was a great race....no doubt about that. The best feature of the evening from what I saw. Beau and Rod did a fantastic job of racing each other hard without wrecking themselves or anyone else. I would love to see a re-play of the 27 car coming through the field from 4th to first.......that was one heck of a race.