IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 1st Annual Comet Classic, Midgets & Micro's
8/8/17, 11:21 AM   #1
1st Annual Comet Classic, Midgets & Micro's
ISF

The 1st annual Comet Classic is to be run tonight out at The Warren County Speedway in Indianola, Iowa. Not much information about this event other than it is to be a non-sanctioned midget show with 600cc micro's as a support class.

It's available on SpeedShift PPV and was trying to find out a bit more about this event.

The SpeedShift website says Rico, DD, Windom, Loyet, Cottle and Droud Jr. among many more will be in action.

2 members like this post: Simon_says17, tirespinner
8/9/17, 11:51 AM   #2
Re: 1st Annual Comet Classic, Midgets & Micro's
ISF

Just thought I'd give this a bump.

I've heard this morning that there were just 5 midgets at this event last night. There are probably several reasons why but nonetheless it's sad that $6,000 to win only gets 5 cars when The Chili Bowl gets 370 and pays just double that amount to win.

All I can say is thank you for trying Robert Bell. I've always been a fan. When you peal back all the hype and celebrity worship it's really guys like Robert who keep grass roots racing alive. When all the racers like Robert are gone the racing will probably be gone, as well.

8/9/17, 12:36 PM   #3
Chris Baue

Maybe my head has been in the sand lately, I don't know, but I didn't hear about this event until the day of. I'm not Facebook friends with Robert Bell so maybe that's why. Wish I would've known about it sooner, maybe would've made a difference in making the trip to run it. we have traveled further for much less $. I would've at least helped spread the word....
There must be a better way to get the word out to all of the potential competitors. Before the World Wide Web, I remember there would be race flyers/entry forms in the mailbox constantly.

8/10/17, 5:04 PM   #4
etripp

Race Count This Year: 6

http://www.colfaxcomet.com/profile/s...=230454&rt=sch

there were 18 midgets and 19 micros
Last edited by etripp; 8/10/17 at 5:08 PM.

8/10/17, 5:23 PM   #5
erich45

I think most of those "open Midgets" were actually micros that took off the wing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 1st Annual Comet Classic, Midgets & Micro's