IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
admin (Offline)
  #1 6/4/24 4:50 PM
6/4/24 4:35 PM TUESDAY'S CIRCLE CITY USAC IMW OPENER RAINED OUT

More...

TUESDAY'S CIRCLE CITY USAC IMW OPENER RAINED OUT

Indianapolis, Indiana (June 4, 2024)………Afternoon showers have forced cancellation of Tuesday night’s USAC Indiana Midget Week opener at Circle City Raceway in Indianapolis for June 4.

The now five-race miniseries for the USAC NOS Energy Drink Midget National Championship will resume on Wednesday night, June 5, at southeastern Indiana’s Lawrenceburg Speedway.

On Wednesday at Lawrenceburg, the pits open at 2pm Eastern with the front gates opening at 4:30pm and hot laps at 6pm followed by qualifying and racing.* Adult general admission tickets are $30, kids 7-12 are $8 and children 6-under are free.* Pit passes are $40 and backstretch passes are $15.* Kelsey Chevrolet Sprint Cars will also be on the card.

The 20th edition of USAC Indiana Midget Week continues each night through Sunday.* Lawrenceburg Speedway is next on Wednesday, June 5 followed by Lincoln Park Speedway’s round on for Thursday, June 6.* Bloomington Speedway begins the weekend portion of the schedule on Friday, June 7 while Tri-State Speedway hosts the penultimate round on Saturday, June 8.* Kokomo Speedway will serve as the finale on Sunday, June 9.

Hubie48 (Offline)
  #2 6/4/24 5:00 PM
Wow

I'm thinking something happened other than a little sprinkle.
8 Likes: Charles Nungester, duel, flagboy55, luckybuc97, motorhead748, ossuks, tirespinner, Will Shunk
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #3 6/4/24 6:04 PM
Originally Posted by Hubie48:
Wow

I'm thinking something happened other than a little sprinkle.
I was working on E96th street yesterday and left with an hour to go figuring I would be back at the plant on Harding within that hour. 1 1/2 hours later i arrived.....for an extra 1/2 hrs worth of overtime.

Maybe they have seen the chaos of I-465 shut down south of I-70 and figured they'd be better off canceling..
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
racefan20 (Offline)
  #4 6/4/24 6:07 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
I was working on E96th street yesterday and left with an hour to go figuring I would be back at the plant on Harding within that hour. 1 1/2 hours later i arrived.....for an extra 1/2 hrs worth of overtime.

Maybe they have seen the chaos of I-465 shut down south of I-70 and figured they'd be better off canceling..
Why they thought it was a good idea to shut it down totally makes no sense to me.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: Adolph, duel, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #5 6/4/24 6:10 PM
I saw pictures of downed trees and branches in the Indy area. Could’ve been bad
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #6 6/4/24 6:44 PM
Sadly, there was no rain on the northwest side of Indy. Dry when I got home. Not sure which side of town had branches down.

On the track's Facebook page, they claim that USAC made the decision to cancel tonight. And someone scolded me saying the same thing. It's too bad.... It's turned out to be a nice evening. Sad to lose a national event with no chance of rescheduling.
3 Likes: duel, flagboy55, tirespinner
racefan20 (Offline)
  #7 6/4/24 7:01 PM
Greenwood had the trees down.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Online)
  #8 6/4/24 7:45 PM
Pictures they posted didn’t look that bad. Maybe they didn’t have proper equipment to get it worked in?? Sad thing is, tomorrow at the Burg doesn’t look promising either.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
4 Likes: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
Adolph (Offline)
  #9 6/4/24 8:03 PM
This is what I call a "Flo-Rainout". The track knows they are going to lose money because so many people stay home to watch due to the weather and the interstate construction. We are going to see less races due to this. I worked 8 miles from the track. It did not rain much and the sidewalks were half dry at 4 PM shortly after they cancelled the race. It didn't rain another drop after that, nor was any forecast. That track is always dry, it probably needed every drop.
5 Likes: duel, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, motorhead748, tirespinner
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #10 6/4/24 9:18 PM
No idea what it was like out on the east side; but no way they could have run a race down here on the south side.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, flagboy55, tirespinner