IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Timmy Jedrzejek and Soule Racing Win @ Delaware
8/5/12, 8:02 AM   #1
Timmy Jedrzejek and Soule Racing Win @ Delaware
IndyBound

Timmy J. and Soule Racing won their second 75 lap race in a week last night when Timmy took the lead away from Mike Lichty on the last lap of the ISMA race @ Delaware Speedway near London, Ontario, Canada. Mike Lichty, Eddie Witkum Jr., Ben Seitz and Lou Cicconi rounded out the top five.

Timmy J. was the first ISMA racer to win two features in 2012, those wins were wrapped around what has been a very difficult week for Soule Racing loosing crew member Don Manuel on July 27th. From where I stand I would say the Soule Racing team is on a mission to bring home the 2012 ISMA Championship and they have some intervention from above to complete this mission.

Congrats Timmy J. and Soule Racing!!!!!

Patti

8/5/12, 9:18 AM   #2
Re: Timmy Jedrzejek and Soule Racing Win @ Delawar
cecil98

OK... I feel dumb here....what is ISMA? and, is this a pavement or dirt series (or both?). Seeing the Cicconi name I'm guessing midgets but would like to know for sure.....Thanks!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/5/12, 9:46 AM   #3
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
OK... I feel dumb here....what is ISMA? and, is this a pavement or dirt series (or both?). Seeing the Cicconi name I'm guessing midgets but would like to know for sure.....Thanks!
International Supermodified Association, it is a pavement series that some on the board like to follow. I can understand your thinking it might be a midget series. I saw Bob & Lou Cicconi run NEMA midgets and TQ midgets long before I ever saw them wheel a supermodified, of course I am talking about that being years and years ago.

Patti

P. S. If you take a look at 8/3's picture of the day both davidm and tamale wagon posted pictures of the baby blue Soule Racing #32 supermodified.
Last edited by IndyBound; 8/5/12 at 9:51 AM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Mud Packer
8/5/12, 11:33 AM   #4
Bostonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
International Supermodified Association, it is a pavement series that some on the board like to follow. I can understand your thinking it might be a midget series. I saw Bob & Lou Cicconi run NEMA midgets and TQ midgets long before I ever saw them wheel a supermodified, of course I am talking about that being years and years ago.

Patti

P. S. If you take a look at 8/3's picture of the day both davidm and tamale wagon posted pictures of the baby blue Soule Racing #32 supermodified.
Back in the days when Skoal was their sponsor? I remember seeing one of them taking a nasty ride along the front stretch at Star Speedway many, many moons ago

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
8/5/12, 12:18 PM   #5
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Cecil98

Some ISMA pic from a few weeks ago.

http://davidm.smugmug.com/Other/ISMA...3240&k=rHhG2CT

BTW Patti nice to see the team pulling together and doing so well the past two weekend.

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Mud Packer
8/5/12, 12:23 PM   #6
cecil98

Thanks for the info guys!!!

8/7/12, 10:55 PM   #7
Tony Barhorst

Congratulations to Timmy J and team...Tim has won multiple Midwest Supermodified Association championships. He also competes indoors in Randall Williams Pontiac/Hawk Midget at the Rumble In Fort Wayne Indoor Midget races. He has had tough luck there, he should be a two time winner..broke twice late in features.

8/7/12, 11:48 PM   #8
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
Back in the days when Skoal was their sponsor? I remember seeing one of them taking a nasty ride along the front stretch at Star Speedway many, many moons ago
Bostonian, I am guessing that would have been during Nokie Fornoro's days of driving the baby blue #32. Danny drove himself back around 1996, 1997. Kenny Bell, Nokie, Bobby Santos have all spent time in the Soule #32 since Danny retired from driving and befoe Timmy J..

Patti

8/8/12, 11:54 AM   #9
Bostonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBound View Post
Bostonian, I am guessing that would have been during Nokie Fornoro's days of driving the baby blue #32. Danny drove himself back around 1996, 1997. Kenny Bell, Nokie, Bobby Santos have all spent time in the Soule #32 since Danny retired from driving and befoe Timmy J..

Patti
I was referring to when the Fornoro's were driving the Skoal Midget. It was a scary crash. Probably around the late 70's early 80's. Back in the days of leaded gas I use to help on Howie Lanes team when BS III and R.R. were the drivers back in 2004? It was the start of Bobby's USAC Career. That's how I migrated over here. To keep tabs on Bobby, and open wheel racing in general.

8/8/12, 7:07 PM   #10
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
I was referring to when the Fornoro's were driving the Skoal Midget. It was a scary crash. Probably around the late 70's early 80's. Back in the days of leaded gas I use to help on Howie Lanes team when BS III and R.R. were the drivers back in 2004? It was the start of Bobby's USAC Career. That's how I migrated over here. To keep tabs on Bobby, and open wheel racing in general.
Thanks for clearing things up after I posted that I kept thinking sponsorship during Nokie's days in the 32 was S. T. D. A. and not Skoal. An I am not Sure if S. T. D. A. is correct either. (Just got home from the second funeral in a week, my memory has been in a foggy state the past few weeks).

While I had watched Bobby race midgets before he drove for Danny, it was his days in the 32 that I got to know him and his family. The Santos and Lane families are both very dedeciated to the sport of open wheel racing and great people. Bet you enjoyed your days with the Lane crew.

Patti

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Timmy Jedrzejek and Soule Racing Win @ Delaware