IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
View Poll Results: Should LPS get a sprint week race in 2011?
Yes 81 81.82%
No 18 18.18%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #1 11/13/10 12:51 AM
I heard that Putnamville did not get a sprint week date next year and my question is why? It makes absolutely no sense to not include LPS during sprint week.

Who actually makes the decision on what races are in sprint week? Who ever it may be.... I think you should give LPS a sprint week date.

10 Likes: Al Pierce, bighd0522, dirtfan24, dirtnonwingfan, jonsett, mud goodsleeve, Pat O'Connor Fan, PAW, SHORTBUS, SprintManDave
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #2 11/13/10 8:45 AM
I would suspect that USAC was not happy the way they ran the show.

The track was in great shape after the Sprint heats and then LPS ran all the local stuff.When Sprints came out for the semi the track had taken rubber and was dry and slick with litle or no cushion.There was no attempt to rework the track, probably because LPS said the Sprint feature would be over by 10:00PM.

I think if LPS had worked the Sprints in with the local stuff or reworked the track they would probably have a date.
lovindirt
  #3 11/13/10 9:12 AM
I like a clean dry slick track, just have to set up for them a little different. You can still pass if you hit the right setup just have to do it all right.Less tearoffs and a whole lot less cleanup work involved, and just as fun. It really don't have to be follow the leader if you set it up right. JMO and JMO only.
mayor31 (Offline)
  #4 11/13/10 9:41 AM
Sounds like a good reason to run a big race against them double the money up for grabs and let you see where that racers go..
2 Likes: JEFFSTOY
racefan20 (Offline)
  #5 11/13/10 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by mayor31:
Sounds like a good reason to run a big race against them double the money up for grabs and let you see where that racers go..
THAT sounds like a good way to lose money. I always thought the other track promoters voted on who gets a sprintweek date.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, mowerman
Wallsracing (Offline)
  #6 11/13/10 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
that sounds like a good way to lose money. I always thought the other track promoters voted on who gets a sprintweek date.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Originally Posted by mayor31:
sounds like a good reason to run a big race against them double the money up for grabs and let you see where that racers go..
amen...
smith19 (Offline)
  #7 11/13/10 10:38 AM
well i see the locals don't like the call.

CHRIS SMITH
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 11/13/10 11:40 AM
I am going to go out on a limb and say this decision has nothing to do with Putnamville. I know teams are pretty worn out by the end of the week and probably would not want an extra night added on. With that being said I would like to see them added. To the staff at Putnamville next season I will attend shows at your track (weekly and specials) but I would not attend a show during Sprintweeek due to no money left after the other shows. Still a long way off maybe something could give. Also for the record, I thought the Billy Marvel Classic was one of my top5 races last year.
3 Likes: Eatin Dirt, Hubie, jim goerge
old timer (Offline)
  #9 11/13/10 11:46 AM
I hear that Paragon got that night!
racefan20 (Offline)
  #10 11/13/10 12:01 PM
Where did you hear that?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus