IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora via Winchester
9/23/21, 9:42 PM   #1
flagboy55

So the best weekend of racing in the world is upon us. A little different for our crew this year is we’re staying in Winchester instead of Portland like we’ve done for decades. Got some of the crowd going who have never seen Winchester Speedway. Does anyone know if you drove out to the track, Winchester that is, if you could walk up to it so someone who’s never been there could get close enough to appreciate it? Thanks
Last edited by flagboy55; 9/23/21 at 10:21 PM.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/24/21, 7:37 AM   #2
Re: Eldora via Winchester
kb78

You may get lucky and the gate could be open enough to walk in if someone is there, other than that I wonder if you could walk up in turn one from the parking lot and be high enough to see in?

9/24/21, 9:52 AM   #3
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Flag,

I did this same thing several years ago. A friend had never seen Winchester, so we drove that way and luckily, the gate was open. We walked right in and no one said a word to us. With the Winchester 400 coming in October, maybe they'll be doing some work at the track and you'll be able to get in. Worth a try. Not far from your hotel.

9/24/21, 12:49 PM   #4
snowdrift

If you can get in the main gate and the track gate closed go to the right and go though the tunnel could be water in it after all the rain we’ve had then you should be able to go though pit gate on infield side to get on track

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, tirespinner
9/24/21, 1:40 PM   #5
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Stopped by a few years ago leaving Eldora. The track gate happened to be open that day. I was tempted to go do some 16 second laps on my bike but held off

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Eldora via Winchester