IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #1 5/27/10 8:47 AM
All members need to fill in the new "Password Recovery Pin" field that is located on this page... www.indianaopenwheel.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

THIS IS REQUIRED!! MAKE SURE YOU ENTER SOMETHING YOU CAN REMEMBER.
Examples: Last 4 digit of your drivers license, last 4 digits of your ssn#

I ask that you do this because I will no longer reset passwords via email unless you provide me this password recovery pin. I have seen a few cases where individuals are trying to gain access to other accounts by emailing me asking to reset the passwords.

This will not effect the standard password recovery tool... this is merely a protective measure to help maintain your account privacy.

Thanks!

5 Likes: I Miss Manzy, Mud Packer, racegal, spankytoo, SprintManDave
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #2 5/27/10 9:54 AM
I did that, and entered the required address. Now, I want to get back to check it. How do I do that?

When I go to the Edit Details page on the User CP, all I see is the Zip Code.
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #3 5/27/10 10:00 AM
Try it now...

Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #4 5/27/10 11:11 AM
Now, I can see the Pin, but still not my address.
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #5 5/27/10 11:21 AM
You won't see the address. It is information I collect during registration. Admin purposes only.

Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #6 5/27/10 9:12 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
All members need to fill in the new "Password Recovery Pin" field that is located on this page... www.indianaopenwheel.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

THIS IS REQUIRED!! MAKE SURE YOU ENTER SOMETHING YOU CAN REMEMBER.
Examples: Last 4 digit of your drivers license, last 4 digits of your ssn#

I ask that you do this because I will no longer reset passwords via email unless you provide me this password recovery pin. I have seen a few cases where individuals are trying to gain access to other accounts by emailing me asking to reset the passwords.

This will not effect the standard password recovery tool... this is merely a protective measure to help maintain your account privacy.

Thanks!
Will you reset my password if I show up drunk on your front porch and show you my tatoo???

Thank you Bill, hope you are doing ok, see ya soon.

Jerry #66j
stida.com