IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > July 10th Millstream Speedway
7/4/11, 11:21 AM   #1
July 10th Millstream Speedway
dmiraclewrp

The rain out on May 1st (Road to the Hewitt)that was set for July 10th has been cancelled due to oversite of the running of Indiania Speedweeks.
We do not want to interfer with this event as to allow all drivers to have that option of running Indiania Speedweeks.

4 members like this post: 64chevy, Charles Nungester, cowboyhar69, SHORTBUS
7/4/11, 3:03 PM   #2
Re: July 10th Millstream Speedway
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Amen.
Last edited by dkdorkboy; 7/4/11 at 3:09 PM. Reason: momma said be nice.

7/4/11, 4:57 PM   #3
Sprintcarfanatic

Who would you lose, Westfall & Kyle Simon. I don't see many others that race Waynesfield going to any of the ISW races. & maybe just maybe if the payout was a little better ya could pull some MTS guys & have a pretty good turnout. Really sucks that the place didn't race all those Sundays that I worked 2nd shift & now it's tryin to come back & I can't make it up there. I start work anywhere from 2 to 5 in the morning on Monday's & there is no way in hell that I'm goin to try & drive a big truck on a couple of hrs sleep.

7/4/11, 5:00 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Dean Miracle works well with others

7/4/11, 5:06 PM   #5
R A K

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmiraclewrp View Post
The rain out on May 1st (Road to the Hewitt)that was set for July 10th has been cancelled due to oversite of the running of Indiania Speedweeks.
We do not want to interfer with this event as to allow all drivers to have that option of running Indiania Speedweeks.
... and is rescheduled for when?

7/5/11, 1:36 AM   #6
wideopen24

Dean, you promoted Waynesfield all last year and because of this you know that there are only about 3 racecars that run both USAC races and Local Ohio Non-Wing... And all of us were coming to Millstream... You actually would have gained some local teams that will not race with USAC, but were planning one running WMP and Millstream this weekend.. Your excuse was an easy way out...but far from fact...

With that sad.. When will this "Road to the Hewitt" race be ran?

1 member likes this post: MWestfallfan54
7/5/11, 6:36 AM   #7
Need For Speed

I have to agree with Landon.........

I could see if Millstream was trying to run against a ISW race at Gas City or Kokomo....but WRP has run against Lawrenceburg for years, and has had average car counts around 30 or so.

The ISW races are part of the USAC schedule that was put out when????.....and now within a week of the make up show at Millstream, you decide to not run because of a 'scheduling conflict'.

The Hewitt Classic is an Open Competition non-wing sprint car race (albeit the DT-3 rule) so why worry about a USAC race that is 172 or so miles away from Findlay, OH, when you could pull 'smaller' sprint teams from northern IN that aren't running the full ISW schedule, besides pretty much all of the regular WRP cars, and probably some MTS guys out of MI..........

7/5/11, 7:19 AM   #8
hoosierhillbilly

Well. THis makes my decision easier. I really wonder if this deal was more fnancial than for the spirit of Sprint Week. I have not been up there but it sounds like crowds have been thin and so have the car counts.

As for the non-winged show, I would agree with need for speed, I doubt you would have had much issue with car counts. Between North Central Indiana, the Michgian Traditional Sprints, and Waynesfield regulars there would have been enough cars. MTS had it listed on their schedule. Fans...who knows.
Last edited by hoosierhillbilly; 7/5/11 at 7:20 AM.

7/5/11, 9:28 AM   #9
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

15 360's, 16 late models ,and 20 strucks Sunday.And a small crowd also.Then the lites went out and they couldn't get back on.Have over half the the 360 feature in and are to run the rest July 24.

7/5/11, 10:01 AM   #10
MWestfallfan54

Dean just doesn't want to lose his a$$ again..........

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > July 10th Millstream Speedway