IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Kdausman (Offline)
  #1 10/8/18 7:48 PM
any suggestions on where to race as a beginner?.i am going to a driving school right after first of the year and i realize there is a ton to learn after that but with that being said before i invest in a set up i wasn't sure which events or tracks were good to start with
badcoupe (Offline)
  #2 10/8/18 7:51 PM
What are you wanting to start racing? Midget, mini sprint, sprint car?
Hustlin-Hoosier (Online)
  #3 10/8/18 7:59 PM
What tracks are around you ?
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #4 10/8/18 8:40 PM
I've said this a number of times before. Find a team/person in the class you wish to run and go with them for a year. If you're lucky they'll live fairly close to you and you can help during the week. BUy them a tire or something every now and then. After a year you will be light years ahead of where you'd be if you do it on your own.
11 Likes: Bostonian, Can26, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jleme154, Jonr, Jrp4554, Slidejob71, sprinter14, sprinter31, texas red
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #5 10/9/18 9:01 AM
Originally Posted by motorhead748:
I've said this a number of times before. Find a team/person in the class you wish to run and go with them for a year. If you're lucky they'll live fairly close to you and you can help during the week. BUy them a tire or something every now and then. After a year you will be light years ahead of where you'd be if you do it on your own.
That is great advice ,however in a year he might be 16 or 17 and be so old he will never make it!😉
4 Likes: Bostonian, motorhead748, sprinter31, Tony74