IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Russ (Offline)
  #1 7/11/12 1:48 AM
Does anyone recognize the track or tracks in these photos? I'm not sure if it's the same place in each. The guardrail looks very similar. The Mark Alderson photo is from 1976. I'm guessing the Jack Hewitt photo is from the late 80's or early 90's. Thanks in advance for any help.

Russ
ScottShot (Offline)
  #2 7/11/12 5:28 AM
Illiana Speedway
3 Likes: erich45, flagboy55, Russ
Vukie (Offline)
  #3 7/11/12 9:20 AM
Hewitt photo is from the Milwaukee Mile.
5 Likes: flagboy55, Hubie48, randy j, Rapid Rick, Russ
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #4 7/11/12 10:24 AM
No idea Russ, however a couple of neat looking photos for sure. Thanks for posting.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
2 Likes: Russ, toprowjim
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #5 7/11/12 12:20 PM
I was with Alderson when he ran the Steve Enslow car at several paved tracks, but my tired old memory just doesn't manage to pin that one down. I agree that Illiana seems most likely.
3 Likes: flagboy55, Russ, TommyTipover
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #6 7/11/12 12:30 PM
A great shot of the Enslow #66. Is Alderson still around Indy? That car was a former McPherson car that Mauri Amerling had. Steve is now down south managing apartments for family.
3 Likes: flagboy55, Pat O'Connor Fan, Russ
racer-x (Offline)
  #7 7/11/12 3:09 PM
Looks like Illiana to me..I remember Sheldon Kinser going over that wall in the 70s i think!
streihawk8 (Offline)
  #8 7/11/12 3:26 PM
No it was actually Billy Casella that was hit from behind by Sheldon and Billy exited the joint. The banana car was born!
3 Likes: flagboy55, racer-x, wvwildthg
wvwildthg (Offline)
  #9 7/11/12 3:55 PM
Originally Posted by streihawk8:
No it was actually Billy Casella that was hit from behind by Sheldon and Billy exited the joint. The banana car was born!
Marks banana car was badf fast after it got the bend!!!!
smith19 (Offline)
  #10 7/11/12 5:21 PM
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan:
I was with Alderson when he ran the Steve Enslow car at several paved tracks, but my tired old memory just doesn't manage to pin that one down. I agree that Illiana seems most likely.
you got a real treat hanging with enslow... is he still in louisiana??? we used to race with him a lot when george harbour drove for us in early 70's.

CHRIS SMITH