IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #1 6/14/09 2:52 AM
Well of all the racing at the Burg, Shane was a show all by himself. I had my doubts when he became a sprint car racer, not now. He will gas it up, that's for d*mn sure.
hogan6 (Offline)
  #2 6/14/09 9:07 AM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
Well of all the racing at the Burg, Shane was a show all by himself. I had my doubts when he became a sprint car racer, not now. He will gas it up, that's for d*mn sure.
He will gas it up. Would love to see him get in a good race car.
j_vennard54
  #3 6/14/09 9:59 AM
Shane is a good driver.. he's just coming through an entirely new learning curve from what he's used to doing his whole life. I think personally he's learning the dirt at a very fast rate, each time we run he can tell you exactly how many races he's got under his belt in any type of dirt race car to that point, it's pretty funny.

Not sure what the good car comment means, I can tell you that Roger and Barb have some of the nicest equipment I've ever had the opportunity to drive, strong engines, good parts, and smart thorough guys turning the wrenches.

They've just been learning a lot about each other, the cars, and are starting to show that with some better finishes and more competitive showings.
throb (Offline)
  #4 6/14/09 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by j_vennard54:
Shane is a good driver.. he's just coming through an entirely new learning curve from what he's used to doing his whole life. I think personally he's learning the dirt at a very fast rate, each time we run he can tell you exactly how many races he's got under his belt in any type of dirt race car to that point, it's pretty funny.

Not sure what the good car comment means, I can tell you that Roger and Barb have some of the nicest equipment I've ever had the opportunity to drive, strong engines, good parts, and smart thorough guys turning the wrenches.

They've just been learning a lot about each other, the cars, and are starting to show that with some better finishes and more competitive showings.
good post jv! im so sick and tired of hearing this crap about the truckers cars being $++t boxes.........its nice to hear from someone who has driven the cars that will step up to the plate and let folks know how nice their stuff is.......

Rob Botts
Motormasher (Offline)
  #5 6/14/09 11:19 AM
No kidden throb, way to go JV, I like the Truckers teams.

Why weren't you in one this weekend JV?
mtek56 (Offline)
  #6 6/14/09 2:38 PM
When I saw Levi enter turn 1 above the cushion and then Hmeil followed, I thought this is a receipe for disaster. As it turned out, this was only one of about 4 different scenario's taking place on the track. Coondog weaving his way in traffic, Moffet, Short, and Westerfield duking it out for 2nd, and then the flying truckers cars freight training all three for 2nd and 3rd above the cushion on the wall. It is apparent that Hmeil is definitely a gasser and it looked to me that he was having fun on the track. Levi seemed smoother than Shane but it was apparent that Shane was I'm just sad that we didn't have more laps as I think they would have caught Coons and possibly won. It did turn out to be a very entertaining race. Thanks to Levi and Shane for the show.
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #7 6/14/09 8:15 PM
Not sure what all you guys were seeing but I seen Shane follow his teammate Vennard up high and personally me and a few others thought he (Vennard) put on the show with Shane following. We were hoping for a yellow as we all thought that both of these guys could have passed Coons.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Originally Posted by SPRINTCAR:
Not sure what all you guys were seeing but I seen Shane follow his teammate Vennard up high and personally me and a few others thought he (Vennard) put on the show with Shane following. We were hoping for a yellow as we all thought that both of these guys could have passed Coons.
My bad on who was driving the 12 car as we were told it was Vennard () but Levi and he team mate were putting on the show!
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 6/14/09 8:33 PM
Originally Posted by hogan6:
He will gas it up. Would love to see him get in a good race car.
For your Information Both Truckers cars were clearly among the fastest cars on the track. Coondog was probably as fast if not faster but got the lead early. Levi started sixth, Finished second, Hmeil started 7th or 8th and finished third. Good ride???????????????

Their both making fans of me and so is the Truckers team.
Some work work better than others but I seen two drivers unwilling to do the same thing everybody els was doing and went forward in a hurry.

Charles Nungester
ktsr (Offline)
  #9 6/15/09 6:12 PM
Shane put on one heck of a show sat night. I just wanted to add this to saturdays festivities, KT jr drove from
20th to 7th and almost got DD at the line for sixth, with all four tires up there above the cushion all night long. The proudest part of this for me is that Jr. put this car together by himself for the most part this past week, getting it ready friday about 3:30 and trusting his own work and his new DRC enough to push it to the limits. He is doing this on his own with some help from some great guys during the week and I just want them to see the gratitude I have to them for that. So thank you Chucky, Greg Staab, "Uncle" Bernie (Indy Race Parts), and Daryl.

Thanks,
KT Sr.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #10 6/15/09 6:49 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
For your Information Both Truckers cars were clearly among the fastest cars on the track. Coondog was probably as fast if not faster but got the lead early. Levi started sixth, Finished second, Hmeil started 7th or 8th and finished third. Good ride???????????????

Their both making fans of me and so is the Truckers team.
Some work work better than others but I seen two drivers unwilling to do the same thing everybody els was doing and went forward in a hurry.
Chuck, to say the least they were also fast at Kokomo.