IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester speedway
10/3/09, 1:36 PM   #1
Winchester speedway
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Charley shaw Can you beleve there charging $20 to camp there with no water no electric!!! Most promoters are trying to get race fans to come! But he just don't get it! And 14 to 16 usac cars! Forget it you got my last dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by SUPERDUKE; 10/3/09 at 2:39 PM.

10/3/09, 2:17 PM   #2
Re: Winchester speedway
BradBurk

I'm at Winchester and you should see all the old time race cars! There is over 50 cars here and half of them will be on the track later today. Wow - there is some really nice cars here! If you like old race cars you should come and see them!

10/3/09, 2:25 PM   #3
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post
Charley shaw Can you beleve there charging $2o to camp there with no water no electric!!! Most promoters are trying to get race fans to come! But he just don't get it! And 14 to 16 usac cars! Forget it you got my last dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You really are a true ambassador for racing.....

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
10/3/09, 2:38 PM   #4
billm233

Race Count This Year: 00
Race Count Last Year: 29

Has anyone heard what the HOSS car count is?

Bill Miller
Ossian, Indiana

10/3/09, 3:20 PM   #5
short track scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by billm233 View Post
Has anyone heard what the HOSS car count is?

Bill Miller

Ossian, Indiana
21 cars as of 3:15
Posted via Mobile Device

10/3/09, 7:25 PM   #6
wbr

I'm not Charley Shaw but there are probably 120 campers here.

We just watched Jeff Bllom school the field in the HOSS race. He lapped 6th place and was half a lap over 2nd place Troy DeCaire at one point. Troy ran him down a bit but it was all Bloom at the finish. Hurryin' Hank Lower was 3rd.

Tons of really nice vintage cars on display.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
10/3/09, 9:53 PM   #7
short track scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbr View Post

We just watched Jeff Bllom school the field in the HOSS race. He lapped 6th place and was half a lap over 2nd place Troy DeCaire at one point. Troy ran him down a bit but it was all Bloom at the finish. Hurryin' Hank Lower was 3rd.

It was a good race. Series Champ Tim Cox broke an engine hot laps. He jumped into Ron Koehler's 10 car. Cox came from 14th to finish 6th. Son Jason Cox qualified second fastest (14.222) FIRST lap before upsetting the car exiting turn 2 on the second lap. Equating to a vicious 'tank slapper', Cox regrouped and finish his lap. He finished fourth in the feature.

Tom Tolbert of Columbus Ohio was fifth. Tom ran a good race and got between Jason and Tim Cox in the last part of the race.

Hank Lower qualified third fast (14.267) and held third for the majority of the race. Lower closed his 50th year in racing this weekend at the Old Timer's Weekend at Winchester.

Troy Decaire of Tampa, FL, finished second after starting eighth. Decaire moved up quickly but was unable to capture Jeff Bloom.

Bloom's fast lap (14.205) was well off his track record lap of 2007, but under the cool October sky the veteran from Michigan was on his marks at every turn. Relatively unchallenged after a lap 11 caution for Jimmy McCune's flat left rear tire, the blue 26 sponsored by Eldora Speedway was on rails through the lap 30 checkers. McCune, who challenged for the lead early on, was the winner of this event in 2008.

Bloom will shed the wing overnight to run with USAC tomorrow. Koehler has 2 or 3 cars for USAC tomorrow. Mike Blake's 81 was intending to run tomorrow but is uncertain at this time. I don't know who else may stay to run tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

10/4/09, 4:15 PM   #8
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbr View Post

was decaire in blake's car?

10/4/09, 4:27 PM   #9
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Campers can/may leave garbage. Who pays to clean it up? Maybe talking to Charlie Shaw or the promoters of Winchester would shed some light on why they are charging $20.00. It could be the revenue from the campers help to cover the loss in some other area of running this track. Bringing up stuff on a message board instead of talking to the owner/promoter is just as big of a detriment to racing as over priced camping and low car counts.

Mabye they should just close the track again?

I'll save you the trouble:
I'm a jerk, an idiot, I haven't raced at Winchester. I've done less for racing in my whole life then you've done in one afternoon.

2 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, SUPERDUKE
10/4/09, 6:18 PM   #10
short track scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
was decaire in blake's car?
Yes. The engine went flat and they decided not to run it w USAC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester speedway