IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
MMSA (Offline)
  #1 10/2/15 12:54 AM
MMSA "The Premiere Support Class "

MMSA Lightning Sprint rookies show much promise.

When looking at this years standings it is hard to overlook all of the new drivers and the continued growth of our series. In 2015 the MMSA has had a record breaking number of rookie drivers. With fifty four drivers on our roster sixteen are true rookies. Rookie points leader Danny Fitzgerald has shown solid consistency since he took to the seat of his Henchcraft number (88x). Fitzgerald has not won a feature in 2015, but the first elusive win is not far out of reach. Danny has shown multiple times this year that he has what it takes and has been in contention to win more than once. He leads Bloomington's Cindy Chambers (18c) in rookie points, Cindy is one of our youngest drivers in MMSA competition. Chambers moved up from the quarter midget ranks and has shown major improvement over the season. She has been able to stay in the running for rookie of the year.

During the 2015 season the MMSA has welcomed many out of state visitors and rookies.
Illinois's Brandon Smith (11) holds down the third position in rookie points. Brandon stood out two weeks ago on a very slick racetrack at the historical Brownstown Speedway. Brandon showed amazing throttle control and patience moving his way towards the front of a very competitive MMSA field. Smith also graduated from the kart ranks and has taken to the big jump in horsepower very well. Ohio rookies Ryan Barr (21b) and Bradley Ashford (4x) made their MMSA debut last week at TCRP and we hope to see more of them In the future.

We can't talk about rookies and not talk about the standout driver from Mason, Ohio. Brad Strunk (23s) has only ten races under his belt since he transferred from the motocross scene, with four feature wins. Strunk obtained two of those wins with the MMSA, most recently this past week. Brad found the top line in his Yamaha powered FOZ chassis at North Vernon's Twin Cities Raceway Park and was able to come from sixth position to win. He wasn't uncontested with Ohio native Anthony Haas (81h) and the familiar number (36) of Colin Ambrose all in contention to win. Ambrose surged from deep in the field to make a three wide challenge for the lead. This was just one of many highlights of a clean and competitive night of racing. Twin Cities promoter Rick Robinson was quoted after the race saying "Good show, you guys are always very entertaining to watch".

The series points battle is very tight amoungest the top four positions, Hoosier Speeds Scotty Bradley (1x) has reclaimed the points lead over younger brother Andy Bradley (86), which is followed by the (36) ERC of Colin Ambrose. Colin is closely followed by last years points champion Lynn Ambrose (1). This heated championship battle will most likely come down to the last race.

We at the MMSA are very grateful for all our members and the professional way they conduct themselves. We have had a great year of racing while maintaining an outstanding family atmosphere. We will make our last appearance at TCRP in North Vernon this Saturday then our season finale will take place October 9th and 10th. The big race of the season will be at one of best facilities in the country. Tri State Speedway "The Class Track" will host the MMSA's "Allen Ruppenthal Memorial" on October 10th.

Keep informed of race day weather, details, and big announcements concerning the 2016 season at www.midwestminisprints.com

Drivers if you haven't provided us with your tax information we will need to do so before our last event, if you have only raced one event you do not need to comply.

See you at the races!
7 Likes: 17B, Barr, Bill May, Colin25, DAD, RickyBobby, the visitor
MMSA (Offline)
  #2 10/2/15 11:06 AM
54 Drivers
16 Rookies
9 Different Winners
8 Awesome Venues
1 Great Group
Bill May (Offline)
  #3 10/2/15 2:51 PM
I'm sure Allen would be thrilled at the continued success of the MMSA, it has transpired into the "Premiere" status he envisioned, other lightning sprint groups in the region have subsided or disbanded while the MMSA under the management efforts of a younger group of enthusiasts continues to thrive, while the "ERC" cars will all, eventually be consumed (or parked) the memories will always remain.

I wish the MMSA a very successful "Allen Ruppenthal Memorial" event.

Bill May
3 Likes: Colin25, DAD, MMSA
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #4 10/2/15 3:28 PM
Bill,

My ERC got me my first two checkered flags in minisprints this year. They're still good cars! And I'm sure Allen is looking down smiling.

Colin Miller
2m
5 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Jim Gardner, Leohr46, MMSA, Scott Bradley
MMSA (Offline)
  #5 10/3/15 12:49 AM
Stay away rain !