IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Modlite_Racer12 (Offline)
  #1 6/2/14 10:26 PM
I'm interested in some dirt or pavement midget testing. I have 14 years of dirt experience and looking to expand my racing. We are willing to pay for a track rental and any additional fees for the car. Does anyone have a car or know of a good team to contact? I will be in the Logansport, Indiana area the last weekend of June. Thanks, Ryan.
staggerman (Offline)
  #2 6/3/14 1:16 PM
Call Keith Kunz. I am sure he can set something up for you.
DAD (Offline)
  #3 6/3/14 2:25 PM
Mod

The first test will be on your wallet. Those things are expensive to own and operate. Figure about $5000.00 Minimum for a freshen up every 500 to 800 laps on the engine, that would be about ten bucks a lap if everything went right. Add to that tires, fuel and wear and tear on the chassis if you manage to keep it where it is supposed be then $2.00 a mile to get it to the track and back, ambulance rental track prep and rental, and pretty soon you end up with a really big tab.

That being said, you might look back in the midget section of IOW's classified and find several car owners that do rent out cars for races such as the Chili Bowl and the Rumble in the winter. They would probably be glad to give you a rate for a summer rental also.

Kinda of like the old saying went "If you have to ask the price, You probably can't afford it."

Honest Dad himself
badcoupe (Offline)
  #4 6/3/14 10:05 PM
There were a few rentals for some upcoming races in the classifieds, I believe isaac chapple was one of them. Also zero motorsports had some rentals available.
fasster23 (Offline)
  #5 6/4/14 12:41 AM
Zero Motorsports
Johnny Murdock
214-714-1747
2 Likes: koolaid89, PatrickMead#13
Modlite_Racer12 (Offline)
  #6 6/4/14 1:12 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! We had a rental lined up for chili bowl but fell through at the last minute. I'll do some looking for local race rentals in the Indiana area and see what I can come up with!
jontheturboguy (Offline)
  #7 6/4/14 6:45 PM
Call AJ felker.