IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jackslash.com (Offline)
  #1 4/6/14 11:02 AM
No doubt Lawrenceburg Speedway is one of the most violent places in the world to watch Sprint Cars qualify. It's fast, rough, edgy.

Just how we like it....

You Tube Video

JackslashTV
16 Likes: AP64, Bobv, Charles Nungester, cmakin, davidm, dickster, dirt330, FishBurger, jim goerge, johnnythunderhead, mtek56, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, scottfor410, Stephen Cording, Steve 'O'
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 4/6/14 1:02 PM
Considering the weather we had, Im surprised it held up as good as it did.
I stood down on the catwalk during the consi and them guys were flat hauling the mail.

IDK, Of all the tracks around the country I've seen video of. The one I most want to visit is the Vermeil at Calistoga That track looks fast, Edgy and just the way I like em

I know one thing, I see a ton of racing where good applause goes to the winner. But last night the majority of fans I could see were standing and cheering the last three laps and the victory celebration.

Charles Nungester
4 Likes: johnnythunderhead, scottfor410, speed bump
dshort36 (Offline)
  #3 4/7/14 9:04 AM
The track has had these holes in both ends for over 2 years now.. weather is not the only reason.. there seems to be no effort to fix the problem only to accept it..there was a time when this track was smooth and less dangerous to race on.. great facility and great people just wish more effort would go into fixing these "holes"
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, fishnman
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #4 4/7/14 12:07 PM
As someone who belts his kid into one of these cars I could do without "violent" as an adjective for what happens on the track. I'd prefer to see good, clean racing.......not cars bouncing around uncontrollably.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
5 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, dshort36, larsonfan, Morin Racing 98, team3521
DAD (Offline)
  #5 4/7/14 1:54 PM
Originally Posted by dshort36:
The track has had these holes in both ends for over 2 years now.. weather is not the only reason.. there seems to be no effort to fix the problem only to accept it..there was a time when this track was smooth and less dangerous to race on.. great facility and great people just wish more effort would go into fixing these "holes"
ds

The best way to keep from running on tracks with ruts and holes is to not start racing until July or so, But then all you hear is dry slick and dusty.

Another good way to find a smooth track is to only race pavement, But come to think of it I have seen some pretty rugh pavement tracks also, and that tire dust does tend to get into your skin a little.

Honest Dad himself
dshort36 (Offline)
  #6 4/7/14 2:17 PM
do your other 2237 posts have any more merit than this?
2 Likes: DAD, mike mcghee
DAD (Offline)
  #7 4/7/14 2:35 PM
ds

No.

I bet the people on the track crew would love another hand working them ruts and holes out of a saturated dirt race track though.

It is really pretty simple. You race on what they give you or go home>crying won't help a bit. Seems like I do remember an underground spring somewhere?

Honest Dad himself
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #8 4/7/14 2:44 PM
Question, do the narrow tires of Pure Stocks, Hornets, etc contribute to the rutting?

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
DAD (Offline)
  #9 4/7/14 2:55 PM
Phil

Yep! But all that water sure don't help any. Just A Dirt Thing in the spring time

And best I can remember they do have a couple of underground springs around that place too.

Honest Dad himself
team3521 (Offline)
  #10 4/7/14 3:01 PM
I'll bet Earl could've figured out a way to fix those ruts!

Without excuses!
2 Likes: dshort36, racerfreed