IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Plymouth Speedway $2000 win Aug 11
8/4/12, 8:18 PM   #1
Plymouth Speedway $2000 win Aug 11
sfracer55

Plymouth Speedway Bull Ring

Rain makeup date for Aug 4 show will be August 11:

nonwing sprints - $2000 win!
UMP Mods - $1000 win!
600 nonwing sprints - $750 win!
and FWD Hornets

Track owner Ed Kennedy was so impressed with the turnout tonight Aug 4 as the rain was falling, that he increased the purse to make for an even better night of racing at the Bull Ring Aug 11.

August 4 show saw 15 nw sprints, 27 mods, and 25 600cc nw minisprints leave as the rains fell hard and heavy at the track. And we know more were on the way but the rain kept them home.

Drivers, crews, and fans can reuse their wristbands, tickets, or receipts for the August 11 show.

Any questions go to www.plymouthspeedway.net or call the track directly.

Wait! Did I forget to mention how overwhelming the response was tonight! Big thanks to all and see you next week . . .

8/4/12, 9:00 PM   #2
Re: Plymouth Speedway $2000 win Aug 11
koolaid89

Terrible move scheduling against USAC just up the road when you guys are short on cars to begin with.

1 member likes this post: duel
8/4/12, 9:16 PM   #3
martinfan

If you do have questions please email your questions to plymouthspeedway@yahoo.com for a faster response.

8/4/12, 10:08 PM   #4
koolaid89

No questions here, I'd like to see you guys make a go of this deal but it's gonna be tough with logic like that.

1 member likes this post: duel
8/4/12, 11:52 PM   #5
john3g

Logic? Really? Wow that's the smartest thing they could do. Plymouth will have close to 25 cars possibly more. The USAC show will have the hardest job being out of their comfort zone and running on a big 1/2mile in the middle of 360 wing country. I hope the best for Hartford they need it as much as any track does but the logic seems pretty clear to me..

Posted via Mobile Device

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid89 View Post
Terrible move scheduling against USAC just up the road when you guys are short on cars to begin with.
Short of cars??? Plymouth was far from "short of cars"! They would probably end up with 23 to 25 Sprints and a total of 60-70 Race cars in the pits so I would say that's far from short... MSCS 24 cars with 5k up for grabs for the top spot, WoO's 21cars, Kokomo 18-20 avg for a weekly program,Only 18 sprints showed at p'ville Tonight and the same with most other tracks. So I would have to say it sounds more like the norm or even a little above avg than "low".
I'm thrilled for them and want nothing but the best for Mr Kennedy and the entire Plymouth Speedway staff...
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by john3g; 8/5/12 at 2:26 AM.

3 members like this post: mscs20, nathans1012, spicoli
8/5/12, 12:05 AM   #6
duel

I heard it was $1500.00 to win at south bend tonight. The rain out is trying to grab cars that might come north to run on wicked 9/16. MTS said they would work with USAC? The best will be at Hartford.

8/5/12, 2:17 AM   #7
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
I heard it was $1500.00 to win at south bend tonight. The rain out is trying to grab cars that might come north to run on wicked 9/16. MTS said they would work with USAC? The best will be at Hartford.
It was $1500 at Plymouth (not sure about South Bend they had a special stock car race going on tonight) but after it rained out it

was announced that Mr Kennedy raised it to $2k for the MTS sprints. At the end of the day it doesn't matter where you go as long as you go some place...

Posted via Mobile Device

8/5/12, 10:24 AM   #8
sfracer55

Let's make this clear, this isn't a Hartford vs Plymouth deal at all. It is unfortunate that Hartford's only Saturday night race happens to be this Saturday. We had a rainout and we didn't want to postpone the makeup date too long. We had a great car count and we wanted to race on our little track. We have future events planned so Aug 11 seemed the best opportunity to get drivers back to challenge on the Bull Ring.

Ed Kennedy appreciated the long tow most MTS Sprints made as well as mods and 600 mini's showing tremendous support, so he increased the purse for all classes. That is a class act.

Koolaid 89, contrary to your continual Monday morning track ownership quarterbacking, which is nothing new from you, there are lots of sprint cars in the tri-state area and as all the drivers proved last night, there is support for Plymouth. Joe Irwin at MTS supported our decision for Aug 11 (I should know I was standing next to him when asked).

The track staff and ownership at Plymouth support Hartford Speedway and hope it has a successful USAC show. The Hartford folks are great people and the drivers they attract are great competitors.

We hope to see drivers, crews, and of course the awesome dirt race fans make the trip back to the Bull Ring.

1 member likes this post: spicoli
8/5/12, 10:58 AM   #9
PIT CART

They raise the prize money and people still complain. I have heard that the MTS guys didn't want to run a half mile anyway. Now they can run Plymouth instead.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/5/12, 11:14 AM   #10
19racer

Kokomo been averaging 25 plus cars. Believe only one night there was no b main.. And the teams that run USAC will follow them as they run for points. Just from word of mouth and I've not been to the dirt track inside the asphalt track that's it's really to small for the big sprint cars to run on.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Plymouth Speedway $2000 win Aug 11