IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dirt Pusher (Offline)
  #1 10/8/11 10:59 AM
What was the final result on Clauson's engine pumping BIG?
Tim Clauson (Offline)
  #2 10/8/11 11:04 AM
We pulled the head so they could check bore and stroke, checked out fine. Thanks Tim Clauson
Posted via Mobile Device
16 Likes: 38DD, BrentTFunk, buck2, c47, cowboyhar69, cshuman, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, FishBurger, JBallou, jerrydt, jim goerge, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan
Dirt Pusher (Offline)
  #3 10/8/11 11:11 AM
Thanks for the update. That good news to hear.
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #4 10/8/11 12:14 PM
Having had to pull heads in the pits (in the dirt) with another race the next night (and being legal), I know what a pain in the nose that is. What's the story here? Did someone protest? You don't usually protest someone who finished 4th. I know he started 14th, but there were others who had good runs, too.
2 Likes: PIT CART
Tim Clauson (Offline)
  #5 10/8/11 1:39 PM
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan:
Having had to pull heads in the pits (in the dirt) with another race the next night (and being legal), I know what a pain in the nose that is. What's the story here? Did someone protest? You don't usually protest someone who finished 4th. I know he started 14th, but there were others who had good runs, too.
There was no protest. USAC Is pumping the top 5 every night and this was from Night ones finish. When the engine pumped big there was a person in the pits that could,t wait to share the good news with everybody. Which put us in a difficult position as with USAC as well. At first they wanted to impound the car and do the tear down in a controlled environment back in Indy. But when the rumors starting flying we suggested that we do it right here at the track because either we were illegal or we were legal and we might as well find out now. We pulled the head and USAC measured the bore and stroke and it was well within legal limits.

While this has hurt our chances this weekend as it has put our best piece out of commission I just want to say that I feel USAC handled this situation exactly how it should of been handled and while a hardship for our team at this time USAC did a great job at taking care of a situation that could of gotten out of control and damaged a reputation that we have worked many years to acquire.

The top 5 were pumped again last night and my guess the top 5 will be pumped agiain tonight.

My only wish is that the person who was so quick to throw us under the bus could of just waited until all the facts were known, before putting myself, my team, my sponsors and the organization under a unnecessary and unfair bad light.

I hope everyone makes out here tonight because if last years event and the last 2 nights are any indication this could well be the race of the year.

Thank,
Tim Clauson
Posted via Mobile Device
51 Likes: 38DD, AustinSprinter, Avon Open Wheel fan, Beer Goggles, bigq11, billwill7, Bluteam, BrentTFunk, buck2, bus man, c47, Charles Nungester, ColoradoFan, Copperhead, cowboyhar69, D.O., dant, davidm, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, FishBurger, Hurricane1x, Hurryinhoosier, I Miss Manzy, IndyBound, interpreter66, JBallou, jerrydt, Kansasdirtfan, Koonzee, Midget 89, mod4s, Mud Packer, oldtimer, otispoole, PARKS, Pat O'Connor Fan, Pine, PJ Wright, racefan20, rclaridge, rmcar, scooter99, skids59, sprintgal, The Riz, TQ29m, wobbler
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #6 10/8/11 9:08 PM
I love it when someone tells it like it really is. No drama. Just facts!!!

Your a class act Tim!!
Posted via Mobile Device
13 Likes: billwill7, Bluteam, buck2, Charles Nungester, dant, Midget 89, Mud Packer, MWestfallfan54, oldtimer, outlaw13, PARKS, rclaridge, TWO FIVE
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #7 10/8/11 10:36 PM
If you feel their comments damaged your reputation then maybe the person or persons need(s) a lesson in slander/libel and compensatory damages ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device
ossuks (Offline)
  #8 10/8/11 11:18 PM
Are those really the facts? Was the proper equipment used to measure the motor? Something smells funny? "They tore our motor down and it was legal and we think USAC is great and they handled everything perfectly"

If you believe this smoke scream you probably believe Lee Harvy acted alone!
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #9 10/9/11 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by ossuks:
Are those really the facts? Was the proper equipment used to measure the motor? Something smells funny? "They tore our motor down and it was legal and we think USAC is great and they handled everything perfectly"

If you believe this smoke scream you probably believe Lee Harvy acted alone!
Smoke screen eh? Here is a quote from a recent post you made.
Originally Posted by :
"The issues that competitors have with USAC are between them and USAC. We as race fans have no idea of what goes on behind the scenes to make these events happen. So, in parting, I plan to not post anymore, buy suggest to those of you that do that you have your facts before you post!"
I'm sure I've taken this quote out of context though.

SLIDEJOB!
Posted via Mobile Device
19 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, 3wide, big3131, Charles Nungester, dirtnonwingfan, Drtchsr, ffrid, i love dirt track racing, I Miss Manzy, K9Racer, Kansasdirtfan, mod4s, Mud Packer, oldtimer, outlaw13, PJ Wright, SPRINTCAR, TQ29m
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #10 10/9/11 12:52 AM
Must not be a Clauson fan.