IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #1 9/9/11 2:25 AM
50 Sprints,25 Midgets!!...no short fields here....Haud is 2nd,Mitchell 3rd,Hirst 4th,Spencer 5th....full results will be at www.USACRacing.com......
  #2 9/9/11 7:31 AM
this kid is a freak!
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE
  #3 9/9/11 8:21 AM
To bad he'll be in NAPCAR soon, would love to see him run on dirt for 2 or 3 more years before they get ahold of him
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #4 9/9/11 8:45 AM
The kid is just on his game right now. The way he is running, WoO better watch out at the Gold Cup.

Not trying to hijack, but great run by Haud. Quick time and finished 2nd. One of the few real outlaws left that runs and is good at both. I know he is running here and there this year. Would love to see him pick up a ride or two for the 4 Crown. Sounded like Foxco was looking for a driver for the #56. Would be cool to see him run with them again.
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #5 9/9/11 8:48 AM
When did Haud run for Foxco?
Posted via Mobile Device
rdzsprint (Offline)
  #6 9/9/11 9:02 AM
Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
When did Haud run for Foxco?
Posted via Mobile Device

I saw him drive the #56 Silver Crown car at Tampa in the late 80's.
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #7 9/9/11 9:17 AM
Wow, you mean the Florida State Fairgrounds? I know Champ Cars ran there in 87, my Dad was there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #8 9/9/11 9:22 AM
Wow, you mean the Florida State Fairgrounds? I know Champ Cars ran there in 87, my Dad was there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Champ and Sprints ran there quite a bit before the East Bay days

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

rdzsprint (Offline)
  #9 9/9/11 9:55 AM
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep. My son and I were there too. It was Feb. 7,1987, the race was named in honor of the late Jud Larson. Haud set fast time and if my memory is correct??.. he led also, but like a lot of other cars had his right rear go away...sandy soil ate up tires big time. Larry Rice went on to win. Next day Rich Vogler won the USAC sprint show in the Johnny Vance #2.
I'll try to attach a photo I have of Jac in the car that day, I'm old school and NO whiz on computers. Car says Kenny Jacobs on the cowl, again 'if' my memory is correct "the Mouse" had suffered a broken leg or legs when a driveline came apart I believe it was in the sprint car. Jac took over the ride and as usual was wicked fast until the tire problem. He's one of the few 'wingers' who can drive hell out of a non-wing car. Always could. Fearless and a thrill to watch.
smith19 (Offline)
  #10 9/9/11 9:56 AM
i have some pic's from the 60's from the fairgrounds.

CHRIS SMITH