IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
twincitiespr (Offline)
  #1 3/28/10 12:46 PM
Just wanted to list a few tidbits and reminders for the upcoming "NO WAY OUT 40" this saturday April 3rd at Twin Cities:

* You can come anytime Friday after 12:00 noon to reserve seats.
Please reserve 1 seat per person

* Free Camping is available ( no electric hookups )
* Coolers are allowed 14" or less ( no glass containers )

*Pit gates will open at 2:00 pm
*Raceceivers will be mandatory for Sprint drivers

any questions please call Mason at 812-620-4021 or visit
www.twincitiesracing.net

Looking forward to this saturday! Sprints always put on an AWESOME SHOW!
twincitiespr (Offline)
  #2 3/28/10 8:51 PM
Mason asked me to announce this extra we've added for this special event:

There will be a podium for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd finishers for the 2nd annual "NO WAY OUT 40" in Victory Lane honoring the top 3 spots complete with driver interviews and awards.
Bruce Harrison (Offline)
  #3 3/28/10 9:17 PM
Originally Posted by twincitiespr:

* You can come anytime Friday after 12:00 noon to reserve seats.
Please reserve 1 seat per person
Why penalize fans coming from out of town?
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #4 3/28/10 9:35 PM
Originally Posted by Bruce Harrison:
Why penalize fans coming from out of town?
Bruce,

Because promoters allow it and encourage it. Locals get the choice seats and the rest of us get whatever is left. Being nothing more than a fan, it is the one thing that keeps people from driving long distances to try and see a "big" show. If you are going to do this, then charge extra and offer reserved seats. After that, everything is open game. JMO.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
2 Likes: Bruce Harrison, IndyBound
twincitiespr (Offline)
  #5 3/29/10 10:49 AM
I am not doing this to penalize anyone, I promise. We may have a few dozen seats marked off by saturday morning. The majority of our
sprint fans are from out of town.
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #6 3/29/10 11:21 AM
got there early a couple weeks ago, plopped down my 1 seat in the top row,shot the breeze with friends,and took a nap.

It wasnt overly crammed full anywhere near where I was sitting,and plenty of room for late arrivals.

From what I have seen the last few years the Indiana crowd are mostly late arrivers anyways. Most would be SOL if they were to go to Pa. where the fans arrive at noontime or earlier to drink beer before the races.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Arrives for the 2nd set of hotlaps,gets a top row seat.

http://www.hoseheads.com/hawkeye.html