IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
oldracer#4 (Offline)
  #1 7/30/09 1:22 PM
All the stars were their for the winged sprint race at U. S. 36 Raceway Wednesday night. Tim Schaffer looked like he would run away with this race on the high banks of the raceway. Working thru lap traffic would be his demise. Coliding with Sam Hafertepe down the front straightaway and ending up on his fuel tank, Tim's night was over.

The lead was handed over to Greg Wilson after the yellow flag. He would lead until the "Hurricane" Randy Hannaganmade the pass which I missed cause I was watching T-Mac and Brandon Wimmer race for 3rd place.

Tonight the All Stars go to the Bellville high banks. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbX_RpR8sc0
S.Clayton (Offline)
  #2 7/30/09 1:57 PM
Thanks for the video! Just a little correction, the driver involved in the first incident was not Daron Clayton.. There were three #92s there last night so it is easy to confuse, but Clayton is the white and blue #92!
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #3 7/30/09 4:45 PM
Looked like McCarl was up in the middle of the next row before the green, The Limaland announcer would have thought all the 92's were the same guy, screws up all the time, I remember 1 time @ a USAC show he said Dickie Gaines was from Ohio & ev1 around was just lookin @ each other in dismay, Some guy said something to me & I told him this guy could'nt even tell you who his dad was because he has no knowledge of the sport.