IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
rclaridge (Offline)
  #1 5/19/09 12:46 PM
does anyone know what it cost to camp at THAT,and do you have to pay if you don't have hook ups?
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #2 5/19/09 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by rclaridge:
does anyone know what it cost to camp at THAT,and do you have to pay if you don't have hook ups?
Here you go Roger. From the website:

http://theactiontrack.com/Tickets.html

Parking and Camping Information

Parking for events promoted by Action Promotions at the Terre Haute Action Track is free.

Camping is available for all Action Track events, however it is suggested that you reserve your space in advance. Camping for Action Track events is controlled by the Wabash Valley Fair. Please contact the Wabash Valley Fair Association at 812-201-3058 for more information or to reserve your camping space. A limited number Water and Electric hook-ups are available.
There is a $20 fee charged for camping.

The Terre Haute Action Track is conveniently located, with several great restaurants, shopping centers and hotels within a mile or less of the facility. You can find a comprehensive guide to Terre Haute area dining / lodging / shopping at www.terrehaute.com or contact the Terre Haute Convention and Visitors Bureau at 812-234-5555.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
PIT CART (Offline)
  #3 5/19/09 3:40 PM
How much to tent camp?
terrehautian (Offline)
  #4 5/19/09 4:03 PM
I would call that number to ask....

This is on www.theactiontrack.com

For camping reservations

Call: 812-201-3058
rclaridge (Offline)
  #5 5/19/09 5:24 PM
thanks Jerry,why did'nt i think of looking there?
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #6 5/19/09 7:55 PM
Originally Posted by rclaridge:
Unless there has been a major change, the only pay sites ($20) are in the pole barn just south of the grandstand. We used to park in there and never needed a reservation. (Sprint Week may be an exception) The electricity is 30 Amp max and you may need a hundred feet of water hose to reach a hydrant. Take a Y adapter as there may be mutiple hoses hooked to any one hydrant. I have seen electrical cords plugged in to 15/20 amp outlets at the rock covered area behind the open stands. I don't know if the fair board charges for that. There are acres of grassy parking areas south and east of the fair board buildings with no hookups. I've seen tents out there. No charge. We park the MH there and use the generator. And oh...if you put a tent out there, be sure it's way out of the driving area in case some patrons get too and drive thru your tent.
w