IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Update jeff bloom
11/10/12, 9:08 PM   #1
Update jeff bloom
Bad Dad 54

Ok got this off FB of a friend.
Sorry I haven't posted an update in a while. Jeff has been improving every day, even though he thinks his recovery is going slow. We go back to the burn clinic on Monday, and I think they will be pleasantly surprised at his progress over the past 3 weeks. He really wants to hunt on firearm deer season opening day Nov. 15th. He shot a squirrel with his .22 ye
sterday. His deer shotgun will be a little tougher, but he is working hard at using his hand more each day. His fingers are still pretty sensitive, as they were all burned to the bone. And bending his elbow is very painful. His tricep muscle was burned completely off, and the doc stretched another muscle over to help him there. The inside of the elbow has skin grafts stretched over it, and the elbow bone was burned, so they had to cut off between 1/4 and 1/2 an inch of the bone. This man has endured so much, yet he has kept a pretty positive outlook, as he is planning to run a limited race schedule in 2013. He was already planning this before the accident. I am proud to be his wife. He is the most determined person I have ever known. God's blessings to you all.
Now all you drivers need to stop & take a look at your own safety equipment would you - please. I enjoy you all so much & hate it when you get hurt or killed

11/16/12, 5:41 PM   #2
Re: Update jeff bloom
Bad Dad 54

Got an update from Linda today

Thanks Randy. We appreciate the encouraging words. He got a 4 point buck this morning!

Sounds like he's doin well

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Update jeff bloom