IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester Warning
4/17/09, 1:56 PM   #1
Winchester Warning
BIGEBUDMAN

There is a good chance of rain this Sunday. As I posted on here last year when Winchester did not honor my rain check I will not be attending this weekend. I never recieved an Email,pm or letter from Winchester trying to resolve the problem I just got told how wrong I was on a post from the Track. I could really care less about the 20 bucks its just the point of it that still has me upset. I love going there racing is good but you have to do what is right and make customers happy, especially the loyal ones. So every one be carefull and watch the weather so you do not end up like me and go to Salem this year instead of Winchester. Sincerly, Brent A Furay

4/17/09, 2:06 PM   #2
Re: Winchester Warning
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGEBUDMAN View Post
There is a good chance of rain this Sunday. As I posted on here last year when Winchester did not honor my rain check I will not be attending this weekend. I never received an Email,pm or letter from Winchester trying to resolve the problem I just got told how wrong I was on a post from the Track. I could really care less about the 20 bucks its just the point of it that still has me upset. I love going there racing is good but you have to do what is right and make customers happy, especially the loyal ones. So every one be carefull and watch the weather so you do not end up like me and go to Salem this year instead of Winchester. Sincerly, Brent A Furay

I agree. :thumb And it's not like they were short of seating on the makeup date.
Short tracks in general cannot afford to lose any loyal fan !
Winchester owes you a free ticket good for the date of your choice in '09 , IMO.:thumb

:Steer

4/17/09, 4:17 PM   #3
n8dc

+1 im a new guy here but i agree 100% .. I will try winchester sunday I hope .. but thats not right ..
Dave

4/17/09, 6:02 PM   #4
sprntr

I might get over to Winchester on Sunday while visiting my son at Purdue. If I do, I'll wait until just before race time to buy my ticket if the weather looks iffy! Thanks for the warning!!

4/17/09, 6:03 PM   #5
tntbusco

I did get my money back in feb of 09. A check. It came as quite a surprise. However they did make it right.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday should be great if the weather holds out.

4/17/09, 6:27 PM   #6
R. J. Scott

This issue was totally addressed last year...this person tried to use a rain check from a different race...was embarrassed by his mistake and tried to take it out on the speedway. We went over the numbers and everything...it wasnt' a valid ticket. I can show you lots of people that exchanged tickets or actually got checks sent to them for refunds. Its a shame one person can get on here and try and tear us down because HE made the mistake...not us. We are even honoring rain checks from last year on THIS race. Too many people getting what they are supposed to for this Bigbudman's issue to be legit. Guys like him make it hard for race tracks to operate. My name is R. J. Scott and I can be reach at the speedway if he or anyone else would like to chat.

R. J. Scott
Winchester Speedway

4/17/09, 6:37 PM   #7
Steve B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. J. Scott View Post
This issue was totally addressed last year...this person tried to use a rain check from a different race...was embarrassed by his mistake and tried to take it out on the speedway. We went over the numbers and everything...it wasnt' a valid ticket. I can show you lots of people that exchanged tickets or actually got checks sent to them for refunds. Its a shame one person can get on here and try and tear us down because HE made the mistake...not us. We are even honoring rain checks from last year on THIS race. Too many people getting what they are supposed to for this Bigbudman's issue to be legit. Guys like him make it hard for race tracks to operate. My name is R. J. Scott and I can be reach at the speedway if he or anyone else would like to chat.

R. J. Scott
Winchester Speedway
Sorry, but I was told if I did not use it for the make up I would lose my money. I was there when they told the guy in front of me. Because they told me the same same thing.

4/17/09, 6:49 PM   #8
R. J. Scott

You just read from a person above that got their refund...and I've talked to people this week that I told to bring them back for this year's event. I'm just here, using my real name, to clear up any confusion and anyone can contact me at the track...I'll get it handled!

4/17/09, 6:56 PM   #9
Steve B.

No! I am just telling you what happened to me also. Not just what the person above said.

4/17/09, 7:27 PM   #10
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. J. Scott View Post
You just read from a person above that got their refund...and I've talked to people this week that I told to bring them back for this year's event. I'm just here, using my real name, to clear up any confusion and anyone can contact me at the track...I'll get it handled!
RJ as we discussed that day I must have been given the wrong ticket for a rain check. I think by the other posts you should be the one embarrased. You would rather lose a loyal customer than make it right. You could have done the right thing that day and all would be good. But you decided to get mad and slam the door to the office when you were confronted. I am sure you think you are right, but I know I am right. You have alot to learn about customer service if you are going to be a manager at a race track or any where else. I am not trying to bash you just tell you what happened as I tried to do that day and you were not willing to listen.

If you want to do the right thing I can be contacted right here on this board. I will miss winchester this year and so will some of my friends all over 20 bucks. There are many people who know who I am and know I could care less about the money, just stop treating people like there is plenty more to replace them. If you continue to adopt this policy soon there will be empty stands. Brent A Furay

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winchester Warning