IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
coachmeece (Offline)
  #1 11/3/08 4:21 PM
What a season it was in racing in the midwest this year

i got to go to alot of tracks i havent got to this year and i cant wait till it starts up again

i met alot of new freinds this summer and i want to thank you for ever race i went to i got to see different ones and it was nice just to talk to everyone

cant wait for 09
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #2 11/3/08 4:32 PM
The 2008 season was great.....I also cant wait till the 09 season....I hope the winter goes by fast.....@ 62 races strong...I hope i get to go to more next year....:thumb
coachmeece (Offline)
  #3 11/3/08 4:33 PM
I knwo my winter will thats my busy time since i coach baksetball
cmakin (Online)
  #4 11/3/08 4:37 PM
Yeah, I gotta say that this was one heck of a season. For our team here in Texas, we moved from the late model stock class (like the Bloomington Super Stocks) to a UMP modified. I made two trips up to Indiana, one in May on my own and the other with my sweetie for Sprint Week. Both trips were incredible, and I have made some real friends; in addition to those I already know. While I was taking pictures just for me, I went ahead (with the help of some folks) and started up Manvel Motorsports; and have even sold a few pictures. We finally have a handle on what we need to do to make our modified to go fast; but we only have one more event to prove it.

Yup. A great year for racing this season, and not a bad one personaly, either.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
ThrottleHead (Offline)
  #5 11/3/08 4:57 PM
Originally Posted by coachmeece:
What a season it was in racing in the midwest this year

i got to go to alot of tracks i havent got to this year and i cant wait till it starts up again

i met alot of new freinds this summer and i want to thank you for ever race i went to i got to see different ones and it was nice just to talk to everyone

cant wait for 09
I echo those sentiments too. This has been my best year of racing..... and I hope 2009 is even better!

Here's to the friends I met in '08. I plan on making more in '09
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #6 11/3/08 5:09 PM
I have to say 2008 was freaking awesome I dont know if 2009 will beat it. I sure as ***** am gonna try like HELL!!! I made some great new friends cant wait to make some more in the seasons ahead!!

LETS GO RACING!!!!!!!
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #7 11/3/08 5:10 PM
Originally Posted by ThrottleHead:
I echo those sentiments too. This has been my best year of racing..... and I hope 2009 is even better!

Here's to the friends I met in '08. I plan an making more in '09

I met many friends this year during the racing season....heres a few....sprinthead,throttlehead,1bigracefan,frank daigh, and many others......I cant wait till next year...:thumb
Z-man (Offline)
  #8 11/3/08 6:03 PM
A short list of some of the race winners this summer by series pulled from their websites, interesting that only one driver one a race in all 3.

USAC 31 Races 6 cancelled events 2 left 7 if you count Lburg not opening on time
1.Coons Richmond, Kamp, Bloomington
2.Darland Kokomo ,Southern Iowa
3.Cottle Gas city, Anderson
4.L. Jones Brownstown, Terre Haute
5.Hagen Winchester X2
6.Hines Eldora X2
7.Whitt Big Diamond, Gas city
8.T. Swanson Anderson
9.Boat Hagerstown
10.Bland Lawrenceburg
11.Short Lawrenceburg
12.Schuerenburg Tri-State
13.Wilson Salem
14.Sweet Eldora
15.Bacon Winchester
16.T. Jones PAS
17.Cardey PAS
18.Hockett PAS

MSCS 16 races 3 Cancelled events
1.Ballou Terre Haute, PaducahX2, Lawrenceburg
2.Stanbrough Tri-state X3
3.Schuerenburg Twin Cities, Tri-State
4.Short Tri-State, Clay county
5.Clayton Tri-State
6.L Jones Clay county
7.Bland Tri-State

Kiss 6 Races 1 Cancelled event
1.Stanbrough Gas city, Bloomington, Paragon
2.Clayton Tri-State
3.Schuerenburg Kokomo
Great Scott (Offline)
  #9 11/3/08 8:24 PM
2008 was great! Lots of great racing and lots of great people! We are looking forward to going to Ft. Wayne for a little indoor racing to pass the time until the 2009 dirt season starts. Little Sam is already bouncing off the walls. He is so ready for 2009.
Obie (Offline)
  #10 11/3/08 10:56 PM
We had a great year also. Met some new friends, Coach, the Morgan's, the T2D's bunch. Sprint Week was awesome & the Rumble can't get here soon enough.