IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bruns Returns to Bettenhausen 100 After Nearly a Decade
8/17/17, 7:23 PM   #1
Bruns Returns to Bettenhausen 100 After Nearly a Decade
JessicaJ

Race Count This Year: 12+
Race Count Last Year: 7

Bruns Returns to Bettenhausen 100 After Nearly a Decade
By Jessica Jenkins

One of the premiere races on the USAC Silver Crown schedule is rapidly approaching this weekend. For Patrick Bruns it marks almost a whole decade since he last raced at his home state's fair.

Last appearing at The Springfield Mile in 2009, Bruns is prepared to take the 81st Bettenhausen 100 by storm. Making just his third USAC Silver Crown start of the season, Bruns' sights are set on a top five by the time the Feature comes to a close. He shared, "Our goal is top 5. We put a lot into it and I think we have the car, motor and crew to run top 5." His Full Throttle Racing team is more than prepared to return to the 1-mile dirt oval and have been talking about it for quite some time. Acknowledging he is looking forward to this race "a lot", Bruns continued, "It's been on my list for a year now since these guys [his team] first started talking about putting a Crown car together."

The Champaign, IL racer is not the only one looking forward to Saturday's race. Nancy Cain, mother and grandmother of Full Throttle Racing members Paul and Andrew Cain, and a longtime race attender is also excited about the day. She stated, "It's a good place to go. Of course I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been there for a while, but of course they [the team] haven't been running a car over there for a while." Bruns' family will also be in the stands, including his young son who will finally get to watch the #95 with the paint scheme he designed race for the first time.

What you need to know
CAR NUMBER: 95
TEAM: Full Throttle Racing
SPONSORS: Triple T Car Wash, Mobil 1, Cain's Marine Welding, Harold Colbert Plumbing and Heating, Advanced Financial Inc, Bell Helmets
TRACK: Springfield Mile; Illinois State Fairgrounds
RACE DATE: Saturday, August 19, 2017
FEATURE LENGTH: 100 laps
TIMES: Grandstands open at 9am, Practice at 10am, Qualifying at 11:30am, Race 2pm
TICKETS: Adults-$30 or $25 in advance; 11 and under-$10; Infield Tickets--Adult $20; ages 6-11 $5; 5 and under free

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bruns Returns to Bettenhausen 100 After Nearly a Decade