IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #1 7/21/23 1:16 PM
It was on this date in 1990 that Rich took his final checkered flag. I’m glad I witnessed his final victory, but sadly there will be no more.

Ron Miller
20 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, erich45, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, John P Huss, jonboat15, Ken Bonnema, Leohr46, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mlamb, racefan20, Rapid Rick, Rcar, tirespinner, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 7/21/23 2:17 PM
I seen that guy dozens of times and never talked to him. Watched him since when I was a kid until almost until his final race. At the track he was sheer determination, everything was about the car and him finding a way to win. And by God did he win a lot.

One of the biggest memories I have of him is the 88 second Thursday night Thunder that Staab won, I don't know if he was leading, was close to getting the lead or what, But he spun. Rich was PUSH ME Off, PUSH ME OFF! and by god they did. Flat spotted tires and a loose hood, He ran back up to about fourth or fifth with his left arm out of the cage holding the hood down so he could see.

We left Eldora after the Kings Royal and while driving home, heard the news of Rich. Kinda squashed the night for me. But for his friends and family, forever.

Thanks for the Memories Rich, RIP. Thanks Eleanor for all you do.

Charles Nungester
9 Likes: Black Deuce, Dirt Trackker, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, John P Huss, ronmil, TQ29m