IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where to shower between Gas City and Kokomo
7/6/11, 5:28 PM   #1
Where to shower between Gas City and Kokomo
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

The wife and I plan to tent camp at Gas City Friday then drive to Kokomo, so we don't have the make the hour trip both days. My question is where is a good spot to grab a shower at Saturday morning?

Stopped by the track today to put the blanket down as we where driving home from camping in Michigan. Mowerman had just pulled in and was setting up camp. Not sure he remembers who I was but I said hello anyway. See every one there friday afternoon.

7/6/11, 5:48 PM   #2
Re: Where to shower between Gas City and Koko
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

its a little out of the way but theres a truck stop at IN 28 and I-69 about 12 miles south of GC. i believe they have showers.

7/6/11, 6:07 PM   #3
Koonzee

There are showers at the station just east of Gas City Speedway.On the right just before I-69. McClure maybe??

7/6/11, 6:42 PM   #4
eli2448

I don't know of any between gas city and kokomo but last year after bloomington dad and I just paid like $5 to get in the state park at monroe and took showers at the campground. Not a bad way to do it at all.

7/6/11, 6:45 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Konzee is correct. The McClure just east of the track has showers. They were clean last time I used them.

7/6/11, 6:46 PM   #6
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Thanks everyone. Bob (Mowerman) sent me a PM with the info, and it is the McClure truck stop right there. I thought there was a place there but couldn't remember plus I didnt really look when we got back on the interstate. See every one there friday.

7/6/11, 8:39 PM   #7
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

If you can't get in McClures North on 69 is a Loves with showers and a campground a mile or two east.DO NOT GO TO THE CAMPGROUND SOUTH OF THE TRACK you will smell worse then you did before you showered

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
7/10/11, 1:42 PM   #8
Bad Dad 54

I'm about a day late & a dollar short on this one but for those campers you make a bathing / shower unit. Use a large Inner tube & cement a larger fitting, a hose & a shut off. Leave the tube full of water out in the sun to heat up the water. Later test the water then put a bathing suit on (in the camper hopefully) & shower up. use a grate of some kind to stand on to keep out of the mud & grass while showering. Saw this in an old issue of Mother Earth News Magazine. Been in some places where I already smelled better than the water coming out of the faucet so I passed

7/10/11, 6:48 PM   #9
dirtfan24

Race Count Last Year: 52

Just a note for the future. McClure has two showers they charge $15.00 unless you buy gas then it is only $5.00.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Where to shower between Gas City and Kokomo