IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Doty Classic
7/11/12, 9:25 PM   #1
Doty Classic
TommyBahama

No support classes needed, 44 cars great track and it's 9:22 and the B main is almost done. Packed house, standing room only. Special shows please give sprint car fans just sprint cars, thank you Limaland!

Let the abuse begin.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
7/12/12, 12:37 AM   #2
Re: Doty Classic
Chubs Peterson

I was there and heard it was a great show as I didnt see a **** thing through the three inches of dust. They interviewed Kerry Madsen after that race and said he won. so there you have it.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Gee2, MWestfallfan54
7/12/12, 9:43 AM   #3
Gee2

As I peaked thru the dust cloud last night and of the 20 laps of the 40 lap feature that I could see it was some really good racing, but....WTH? That was the dustiest race I have ever been to in my entire life, it made Eldora look like a pavement race. I dont think they found the keys to the water truck until 4pm..

1 member likes this post: MWestfallfan54
7/12/12, 10:40 AM   #4
PJ Wright

What? Less than ideal track conditions and no USAC or support class to blame it on? How can this be?

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish
7/12/12, 4:01 PM   #5
TommyBahama

Agree unfortunately! I had not been to the Doty while it has been held at Lima, always a work/travel conflict, but had been to the Speedweek show, which was always dusty. We stood at the fence at the exit of turn two and I've never been as dirty in my life, lol. It was like someone took a shovel full of dirt and poured it over my head. It's unfortunate because it's a great facility that has a racey surface, just wish they could keep the blinding dust storm down. I told the guys I was with "it sounds like a great race, I just wish I could see it!"

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Gee2
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Doty Classic