IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Doug Bushey (Offline)
  #1 10/26/09 1:36 AM
I was just curious as to who the car owner is of the midget that Jerry Coons Jr. drove at the Kokomo Klash last weekend (the orange No. 3 with Wendy's sponsorship and with "New Zealand" on the tail tank) and what the arrangement is (one-tme-deal, in-between National races gig, etc.). They did rather well and the car is extremely racey looking. Could anyone on here shed some light...didn't see the entry listing and I live too far west to be "in the loop". Thanks!
wobbler (Offline)
  #2 10/26/09 2:58 AM
Originally Posted by Doug Bushey:
I was just curious as to who the car owner is of the midget that Jerry Coons Jr. drove at the Kokomo Klash last weekend (the orange No. 3 with Wendy's sponsorship and with "New Zealand" on the tail tank) and what the arrangement is (one-tme-deal, in-between National races gig, etc.). They did rather well and the car is extremely racey looking. Could anyone on here shed some light...didn't see the entry listing and I live too far west to be "in the loop". Thanks!
That car is owned by Danny Lendich of New Zealand and I am guessing it is the car that Jerry drove for Danny in both Australia and New Zealand at the beginning of this year. Wendy's is a burger bar in New Zealand
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, dirtnonwingfan
Pitpass (Offline)
  #3 10/26/09 7:16 AM
I found this from January........ http://www.murraybridgespeedway.com/...p?NewsId=30449

Pic from the KLASH
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, dirtnonwingfan
Seadog (Offline)
  #4 10/26/09 8:47 AM
Originally Posted by wobbler:
That car is owned by Danny Lendich of New Zealand and I am guessing it is the car that Jerry drove for Danny in both Australia and New Zealand at the beginning of this year. Wendy's is a burger bar in New Zealand
You have Wendy's in NZ? I had no idea. Wendy's was started 40 years ago by a guy named Dave Thomas here in the states in the city of Columbus, Ohio. Named it after his daughter and fashioned the character after her.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #5 10/26/09 6:52 PM
The character is Dave Thomas;s daughter WOW I always thought it was Carrot Top
Bruce Harrison (Offline)
  #6 10/26/09 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
Wendy's was started 40 years ago by a guy named Dave Thomas here in the states
One of the funniest things I've ever seen occurred many years ago at a Wendy's in Nashville, TN. I was eating lunch and Dave Thomas himself walked in. I've never seen so many brooms and cleaning rags go into motion so quickly!
cabjr111 (Offline)
  #7 10/27/09 9:29 PM
Originally Posted by Bruce Harrison:
One of the funniest things I've ever seen occurred many years ago at a Wendy's in Nashville, TN. I was eating lunch and Dave Thomas himself walked in. I've never seen so many brooms and cleaning rags go into motion so quickly!
If You see Him walk in again in Nashville I bet He'll have Elvis with him.