IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank You Indiana!
7/11/16, 9:39 AM   #1
Thank You Indiana!
Stealth87

Just wanted to post a message about Gas City and Kokomo. Me and a couple buddies headed down from Wisconsin for the Friday and Saturday shows this past weekend. I have been to a couple ISW events in the past (THAT and LPS). But this was my first experience for ISW at GC and Kokomo, and my buddies had never seen any sort of non winged racing in Indiana before Friday nights events. We all had an absolute blast! We understand people being upset about the blanket fiasco (Which we avoided by sending some emails since we were coming from out of town). We were made aware of what was happening, but understand that not everyone knew that was going to happen. None the less, we waited in line and got some fantastic seats. We were told the track conditions were not as good as years past, but honestly it didn't bother us one bit. The racing was supreme both nights in our eyes. I know some things bug people from time to time, but all you guys who live in Indiana have some real gems. I have seen racing in sooooo many places that can't even come close to the quality of racing and tracks Indiana has to offer! Don't take any of it for granted. Keep supporting those tracks whenever you can! Pretty much everyone we came across were the nicest people you could ever meet.

Thank you to the O'Connor's for having the tracks ready to go and getting them both in. Thank you to all you Indiana fans that helped us out with info, kind words, and just simple small talk/racing stories. Also a special thank you to Josh and Jerry Spencer for the hospitality. You guys both rock! We wish you nothing but the best luck in the future. And another huge thank you to Chad Boespflug for just taking some time to chat. Some of the nicest people and drivers sit around, and turn laps around tracks in Indiana.

Every time we would have something pleasantly awesome happen we would all look at each other and say "Welcome to Indiana!" and have a quick chuckle. You guys are awesome! Keep it up! We will definitely be back! We have already started discussing plans for next year, and to take in more races. Best of luck to all the fans, teams and Drivers during the rest of Sprint Week! Thank you again, Indiana!

7/11/16, 5:06 PM   #2
Re: Thank You Indiana!
maddog53

Race Count This Year: 10

I am one of the "Buddies" and I can't agree more with this post. It was everything I was told it was going to be, and more. Chad Boespflug, I will work on Packer tickets lol. Also, kudos go out from me, to the Spencers for being so nice. I walked up and Jerry saw that I was with Stealth87 and asked me what size I wear. I am not going to get that from anyone where I go, after meeting them for 30 seconds. Dave Darland did not have the best weekend by any standard but he took a few minutes to meet us and say hello and welcome us. Thanks Dave. Dave's sister Susan (racegal) and her Sister Deb were the nicest people you will meet, and they were awesome to hangout with. Thanks girls, you helped make a fantastic weekend even better. Although it was warm, the weather couldn't have been better. There were no bugs either. I cannot think of anything that I would change, except maybe Dave Darland having a better weekend since we were hanging with his sisters. I am looking forward to next year and as Stealth87 said, planning on maybe more races and maybe even all 7 nights of Sprint Weeks next year. If only we could bottle the hospitality up and bring it back to Wisconsin. Thank you Indiana.....

7/12/16, 2:36 AM   #3
badcoupe

Great to hear you guys had an excellent time here. Racing at its finest, and most of the drivers you'll meet are great to talk to. DD ran a tq with us last tues night at a fair race be came over talked to us for awhile, there's a reason he's the people's champ. One of my all time favs. Come back next year hopefully each year gets better for you!

5 members like this post: DirtHawk92, maddog53, mc/rider, Stealth87, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank You Indiana!