IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute?
7/6/11, 10:24 AM   #1
Terre Haute?
Hubie

So I will start this thread

Why don't some of the HotRods who live near the Action Track give us some sort of update as to what is going on over there? Are they working on the track? Is it idle? Do you see equipment on low boy trailers sitting around?

Sprint Weeks are coming, and it is on the schedule. I am making my travel plans and would appreciate any information in regards to someone actually trying to help the racing surface.

Thanks in advance

Hubie

7/6/11, 10:44 AM   #2
Re: Terre Haute?
Sawdust101

I say we go up there and hot-wire the equipment and start working the track ourselves.

1 member likes this post: terrehautian
7/6/11, 10:44 AM   #3
terrehautian

Wallsracing works right across the street, he would be the best bet. I don't go to that end of town if I don't have to.

7/6/11, 11:01 AM   #4
ISF

Has anyone heard anything in regards to the rescheduling of the Sumar?

7/6/11, 11:14 AM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
Has anyone heard anything in regards to the rescheduling of the Sumar?
Just a thought, but maybe they could reschedule for September 11 since the sprint cars are there the night before. Just my opinion, but you won't see a reschedule date. USAC has a number of other races that were postponed earlier in the year and nothing has developed on those so I doubt it will on this one either.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
7/6/11, 11:29 AM   #6
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Yeah i keep a look out...im sure with having a demo derby on monday isnt gonna help the situation...the front stretch will be dusty

7/6/11, 1:11 PM   #7
ISF

I really hope they don't cancel it completely but as you guys say the recent past would indicate that they probably will. As I have said before, they need to have a contingency plan in place for all of these Silver Crown races at the time of the original scheduling in the event of a postponement.

7/6/11, 4:06 PM   #8
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsracing View Post
Yeah i keep a look out...im sure with having a demo derby on monday isnt gonna help the situation...the front stretch will be dusty
And the back stretch and turns 1&2 and 3&4 lol

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute?