IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TheChosenOne (Offline)
  #1 3/3/10 12:20 PM
My title is self explanitory, How does a sprint car and midget work, What things can you do to make it faster, how can you change it?
TQ29m (Offline)
  #2 3/3/10 1:00 PM
Originally Posted by TheChosenOne:
My title is self explanitory, How does a sprint car and midget work, What things can you do to make it faster, how can you change it?
It's Magic, no teleprompters involved. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
ACP (Offline)
  #3 3/3/10 3:34 PM
The more money you spend, the faster they go...
TQ29m (Offline)
  #4 3/3/10 6:31 PM
Actually it's done with mirrors, and money, the more money you add, well, you know what happens, then you look in the mirror and say, "what have I done"? Naw, really, it's not a question that can be answered in so many words, it takes years of hard work and whatever else you have. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
TheChosenOne (Offline)
  #5 3/4/10 2:14 PM
So, really what your saying is that you have no idea?
ACP (Offline)
  #6 3/4/10 2:28 PM
Your question is too general, please try again....
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #7 3/4/10 2:29 PM
I think what he is saying is that there isn't enough time in the day or memory on this site to answer that quickly and concise.
JordanBlanton (Offline)
  #8 3/4/10 2:37 PM
http://www.world-sprintcar-guide.com/index.html

That link might be a helpful starting point...but like the above posters have said, your question's pretty general to get much of a concise answer. Just look at some of the more specific questions here in the tech section that have post after post of information on 1 specific part of the car.
Jack Dupp (Offline)
  #9 3/4/10 5:38 PM
The link above is better, but Wikipedia has a sprint car entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_car also. A sprint car or midget is a race car devoid of any single piece of kit that it cannot function without (except the body panels). Rules meant to curb costs restrict any huge influx of technology and attempt to maintain a level playing field. On occasion inventive racers do manage to tip the playing field a pinch with a bit of creative tweaking. :2:
dant (Offline)
  #10 3/4/10 5:44 PM
push right foot down-go ....push left foot down-stop[sort of]...to make car go quicker,faster-use right foot more than left