IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > News idea for Indy
5/28/15, 8:00 PM   #1
News idea for Indy
robert gatten

Now days Indy has race days for Indy cars, Indy Lights, Formula cars and even motor cycles. How about promoting a race for ROADSTERS again that would only be available for sprint car owners and drivers. With a little promotion I think this event could become the second largest sporting event at the speedway. Back to the basics of INDY. If Penske , Gannassi or Andretti want cars in this race they would also have to field a car regularly, during the season, to qualify as a sprint car owner. Just close your eyes and dream of a day each year with all your regular sprint car drivers lined up and making that parade lap three wide.
Last edited by robert gatten; 5/28/15 at 8:02 PM.

4 members like this post: DAD, Hotrod, jim goerge, mc/rider
5/28/15, 8:14 PM   #2
Scott Daloisio

Sounds good, but would tick me off when the foreigners started showing up at local tracks because daddy paid millions of dollars for them to be a sprint car driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert gatten View Post
Now days Indy has race days for Indy cars, Indy Lights, Formula cars and even motor cycles. How about promoting a race for ROADSTERS again that would only be available for sprint car owners and drivers. With a little promotion I think this event could become the second largest sporting event at the speedway. Back to the basics of INDY. If Penske , Gannassi or Andretti want cars in this race they would also have to field a car regularly, during the season, to qualify as a sprint car owner. Just close your eyes and dream of a day each year with all your regular sprint car drivers lined up and making that parade lap three wide.

1 member likes this post: rockstar5
5/28/15, 8:19 PM   #3
Re: News idea for Indy
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert gatten View Post
Robert

I like your style Kid.

Honest Dad himself

5/28/15, 8:23 PM   #4
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
Sounds good, but would tick me off when the foreigners started showing up at local tracks because daddy paid millions of dollars for them to be a sprint car driver.
Scott

Then those kids would have to miss out on racing formula cars in Europe, and On top of that they might get dirty and demand that you pave your track.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 5/28/15 at 8:24 PM.

3 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge, Scott Daloisio
5/28/15, 8:25 PM   #5
Chase Hightower

A lot of dads already spend millions for a kid to be a sprint car driver. Lots of talent out there already with no funding. I didn't have either (funding or talent)!

5/29/15, 12:56 AM   #6
jim goerge

How dare you all even think about that!!!!! Roger and Chip might get dirt on those crisp white shirts OMG

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, Scott Daloisio
5/29/15, 10:30 AM   #7
IN RACE FAN

What about an All-Star type race for IndyCar drivers in USAC Silver Crown cars at IRP? A similar idea to what the Prelude to the Dream was for NASCAR drivers but I think you would need to make this a points paying race to make sure all of the IndyCar drivers participated. Make it $100,000 to win and $10,000 to start, open it up to anyone that would like to compete and do it on the Thursday night before the Grand Prix of Indy.

5/29/15, 10:32 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

http://www.harrymillerclub.com/

Real Roadsters running un paced laps at Milwaukee Mile
BTW, What happened to Milwaukee on the Champ Car circuit?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/29/15 at 10:40 AM.

5/29/15, 11:43 AM   #9
Scott Daloisio

Seemed like it was a tradition growing up in the Midwest that Milwaukee was the week after the 500. Even though it was not, it seemed like a part of the Indy 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
http://www.harrymillerclub.com/

Real Roadsters running un paced laps at Milwaukee Mile
BTW, What happened to Milwaukee on the Champ Car circuit?

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, DAD, ISF
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > News idea for Indy