IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
JasonWatt
  #1 1/22/09 5:42 AM
Any word who will driving the 2 #10 cars this upcoming season? Will it be Bland & Hagen or will Weir be back in the seat?

Any news would be appreciated.

Thanks
old timer (Offline)
  #2 1/22/09 8:14 AM
Last I heard parked,may run some local.
ClaytonYeley (Offline)
  #3 1/22/09 9:24 AM
I know that some of the Truckers people look on here but I can’t remember their usernames. IMO instead of getting usac drivers that won’t be able to run a full season with them I would suggest trying out Hud Cone. I believe he would help the team with his experience. He also knows how to gas er up without ending up on his lid. He is one of the best low budget drivers in the country and it would be great to see him in a car like the Truckers. JMO
curbservice (Offline)
  #4 1/22/09 10:18 AM
the truckers team is a victom of their own sucess, ever seen them in the pits, what a circus two cars in one trailer with one mechanice... never lasts to much confusion, and one car/driver almost always suffers at the expence of the other. I'd be burned out/broak by now too.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 1/22/09 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by curbservice:
the truckers team is a victom of their own sucess, ever seen them in the pits, what a circus two cars in one trailer with one mechanice... never lasts to much confusion, and one car/driver almost always suffers at the expence of the other. I'd be burned out/broak by now too.
Uh, Not to bash you but do you have a team? Not that I might not even agree with some things. I sure apreciate seeing them at the track.

Id love to see Westfall get a ride, Hud Cone too. These guys are probably the most under rated drivers out there mainly running their own dime. Ted Hines too.

Charles Nungester
fasterthanu (Offline)
  #6 1/22/09 11:34 AM
I have no idea what's going on at the trucker team I do want to agree and say that Hud Cone is in my opinion one of the most underrated drivers out there. He's a wheel man!
throb (Offline)
  #7 1/22/09 1:19 PM
from what trucker jim told me the other day hagen will stay in one car and the other car is open still........

Rob Botts
racechic66 (Offline)
  #8 1/22/09 2:32 PM
The Trucker's Team will be back out for 2009.
Perhaps not traveling as much as in previous years, but we will compete in the MSCS series, the TNT tour, as well as local shows, and selected USAC events.

As for driver's yes Darren Hagen has asked to rejoin the team driving the #10 for 2009.

As far as the #12 car this year we are still talking to prospects, and have not yet made any permanent decisions at this time. Although we have many talented drivers inquiring I suspect a decison will come soon as to who the driver of the #12
will be.

I am not exactly sure were Curbside gets his info...but we do have Jim W. as crew chief on the #10, Kris K. crew chief on the # 12, and Matt a full time race team employee, along with many volunteers that love to go help us on the weekends. . The 53' trailer hauls 4 cars to accommodate the drivers' with primary cars, as well as back up cars for each of them. Lots of space for spare parts, The Tapy's just love to race and they plan on being somewhere racing every Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights this summer weather permitting.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 1/22/09 3:10 PM
Thanks Cindi

Charles Nungester
racechic66 (Offline)
  #10 1/22/09 3:12 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Thanks Cindi

Your Welcome :thumb