#2 10/23/11 5:38 PM
Originally Posted by apexonephoto:
We don't have Versus in Canada, thought I'd post this:

Dan Wheldon Memorial
A very touching service!

Ron Miller
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #3 10/23/11 6:03 PM
This was a real Celebration of Life. I thought it was cool how they based a lot of what they did around the fact that Dan was a jokester and what kind of sense of humor he had. Especially the Panther Racing people who told of how Dan like to steal people's cell phones and text messages to people on their contact lists, propositioning them. Then, when the lights dimmed and when they came back up, there was Garth Brooks and he sang an acoustic version of "The Dance". If that didn't put a lump in your throat, I don't know what would.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: 767, TQ29m
midgy (Offline)
  #4 10/23/11 6:29 PM
You can tell was loved by all. It really got to me when Garth sang "The Dance". That was the same song they played at Robbie Stanley's. Thank you Dan for all the memories.
Posted via Mobile Device
IndyBound (Offline)
  #5 10/23/11 7:03 PM
Jerry, when Garth Brooks sang "The Dance" I did have a lump in my throat as well as a few tears in my eyes. Dan will live on in our hearts forever!

Patti
aka Liz (Offline)
  #6 10/23/11 11:07 PM
And I must mention that one of the photos featured in the slide show was racefan20's picture with Dan getting a helmet signed!

It was a very touching event, I'm so glad we went and it was good to share it with people who understand...
Seadog (Offline)
  #7 10/24/11 7:56 AM
Originally Posted by apexonephoto:
We don't have Versus in Canada, thought I'd post this:

Dan Wheldon Memorial
I never ever cry at anything. But I did have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat at times during the memorial.
Wingman (Offline)
  #8 10/24/11 12:49 PM
I thought it was a nice service. I really thought the guy from panther racing was good. My wife who knows nothing about racing was "sniffling" the whole. I thought could have done away with TelePrompTer though.
Posted via Mobile Device
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #9 10/27/11 11:55 AM
Just thought I would post the link for the 3 parts on Youtube in case someone missed it.

http://youtu.be/SNqQDC-ePmU
flatout (Offline)
  #10 10/27/11 6:47 PM
^^^ Thank you!