IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > miss handleing car
2/16/09, 11:35 PM   #1
miss handleing car
24midgets

Here my problem Its a TQ midget, it does not what to roll into the corner. Never fells like the front end is getting into the track. This year I drove a buddies car it turned real well i look like a different drive . After looking over the cars the only differance is the mounting of shocks on the axle. My car the shock is mounted about 3 inches closer to the wheel than the other car on the right side. Can this be whats not letting the car roll threw the corner? CAn i run softer shocks will this help with more front end grip?

Thank Chris

2/17/09, 1:17 AM   #2
Re: miss handleing car
dant

not near enough info.,bar car ,coil front ,4 coil.....I dought your car and your freinds are identical except shock location,ie.spring rates shocks ,stagger,wheel location/offsets ,,,,first thing I'd do [after a quick verification the basics are realistic,springs /bars /shocks put on the wrong corner] scale the car and see where the weight is ...does the car push when you pick up the throttle or does it just not wanting to turn in with out throttle

2/22/09, 5:30 PM   #3
zeroracer

you might try lowering the front end a little

3/8/09, 5:57 PM   #4
axsom#11

How much lead in the front wheel on one side do you have , if you don't have a 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch lead the car will not turn as well , and your right rear wheel may need to come out a little bit. You don't have to have a bunch of stagger to make it turn , so many people think stagger makes it turn , you can get car to turn and not use to much stagger , because if you use to much it scubs speed off and makes the car loose coming off the turn. PM me if you have any questions. :headbang I use to fight it to make it turn , there are a few more things to do , hang in there.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > miss handleing car