IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg All-Star Show
9/14/08, 9:19 AM   #1
Lawrenceburg All-Star Show
cecil98

I found it a little ODD that one of the announcers in the booth and Chris Nunn in the infield were promoting events that are in direct conflict with next weeks final points night and ,arguably, the biggest event of the year at the Burg, the Oct. 4th $10K to win MSCS show. Anybody else pick up on that? I know Dave is an easy going guy but, come on, he's trying to get butts in the seats for two important weeks coming up and these guys are talking about Modified Nationals (or something like that) on Oct. 4th and the Four Crown next weekend at Eldora etc. I ,as a promotor, could justify and tolerate plugs for an upcoming All-Star show, but, any other track and any other event that is in conflict with my upcoming programs would be completely off limits. I guess if it doesn't bother Dave, it shouldn't bother me! :confused:
Last edited by cecil98; 9/14/08 at 9:27 AM.

9/14/08, 9:48 AM   #2
Re: Lawrenceburg All-Star Show
smith19

That's right buddy,so shut it up......lol

9/14/08, 11:03 AM   #3
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
That's right buddy,so shut it up......lol
ok, smith19, i'll quit crabbin'!!! :O:

9/14/08, 11:30 AM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
I found it a little ODD that one of the announcers in the booth and Chris Nunn in the infield were promoting events that are in direct conflict with next weeks final points night and ,arguably, the biggest event of the year at the Burg, the Oct. 4th $10K to win MSCS show. Anybody else pick up on that? I know Dave is an easy going guy but, come on, he's trying to get butts in the seats for two important weeks coming up and these guys are talking about Modified Nationals (or something like that) on Oct. 4th and the Four Crown next weekend at Eldora etc. I ,as a promotor, could justify and tolerate plugs for an upcoming All-Star show, but, any other track and any other event that is in conflict with my upcoming programs would be completely off limits. I guess if it doesn't bother Dave, it shouldn't bother me! :confused:

Dave maybe a really smart promoter. By announcing that the Mortified Monster Mash, or whatever it is called, is going to be added to the Action Track schedule along with the Hut Hundred it certainly changed my mind on going to Terre Haute. It probably will also change other folks minds as well and the Burg stands to be the benefactor.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/14/08, 11:37 AM   #5
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

We were working as a seperate entity last night, not as Lawrenceburg Speedway officials. We were working under the BAS Racing Network and the ASCOC Banner which was broadcast worldwide over the web. It was our job to promote the upcoming events that will be aired over the BAS Racing Network. Chad did his job for Lawrenceburg promoting their upcoming events, and I think everything went very smoothly, and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Chris, who thinks that everything went well last night, and people just have to find SOMETHING to nitpick on. (Sorry Chuck, I stole your gimmick)

9/14/08, 11:43 AM   #6
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Not other one (don't basements flood)

9/14/08, 11:49 AM   #7
Chris Nunn

Man Aero, I think you lost me on that one

9/16/08, 5:21 PM   #8
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
We were working as a seperate entity last night, not as Lawrenceburg Speedway officials. We were working under the BAS Racing Network and the ASCOC Banner which was broadcast worldwide over the web. It was our job to promote the upcoming events that will be aired over the BAS Racing Network. Chad did his job for Lawrenceburg promoting their upcoming events, and I think everything went very smoothly, and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Chris, who thinks that everything went well last night, and people just have to find SOMETHING to nitpick on. (Sorry Chuck, I stole your gimmick)
you were working as a "separate entity" at a racetrack that has important events coming up in direct conflict with events your were promoting on "said" racetracks PA system. Thankfully for you, it was Dave promoting, because I would have thrown your @rse out of the place. At the very least, your "separate entity" would be unwelcome next year and I would also set the All-Star announcer
straight. That was crap, Chris. You should've been promoting Final Points Night next week and the $10k MSCS show on Oct 4th.

I don't know why I'm upset over this because I don't have a dog in this fight. You would just need to find a way separate your promotions of other tracks and events on your webcast from what you are promoting live over the track PA system if I was the promotor. I didn't say I would toss the All-Stars. I would allow them to promote their upcoming events (if there were any) but, not some modified show or Four Crown that is in conflict with my dates. That's all.
Last edited by cecil98; 9/17/08 at 7:23 AM.

9/16/08, 8:44 PM   #9
Chris Nunn

And that would have been a TERRIBLE business decision on your part. When you bring in a sanctioning body, they have all rights to promote any upcoming races that they have coming up. Most of the fans that follow the tour expect to hear where and when the sanction will be coming up next. When we have USAC, or the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, or the Battle of the Bluegrass or MSCS we let them promote their upcoming events, because they bring in a lot of their out of town fans. Dont persecute me for something that frankly I dont have any control over. I dont really think the Eldora UMP Fall Nationals will drastically affect Lawrenceburg because all tracks are not paying UMP Points for Modifieds and there are no Late Models at Lawrenceburg. And the event at KC Raceway, the DTWC will not be ran AGAINST Lawrenceburg at all. So basically what race were we promoting that will have any bearing on Lawrenceburg?? It is Chad Cunningham's job to promote Lawrenceburg Speedway's upcoming events, not mine, nor DC's. If I was working FOR Lawrenceburg, I would have been pimping the hell out of the final points night and Fun Fest. The BAS Racing Network is not just an ASCOC radio network, it is broadcast all over the state of Ohio. So he had obligations to plug his upcoming events on the radio.

Jesus
Last edited by Chris Nunn; 9/16/08 at 8:49 PM.

9/16/08, 8:48 PM   #10
Chris Nunn

By the way here are the dates for the Burgs Upcoming shows

October
4 Special Event:MSCS Lawrenceburg Nationals $10k to win Sprints, AMSA

9 - 12 13 th Annual Fun Fest

Now compare this to the dates.

On the 4th, you notice there are no UMP Modifieds or Late Models scheduled, so therefore no direct conflict.

And the next race we were plugging is the DTWC which happens to be ran on October 16th, 17th, and 18th. Which happens to be a night where the Burg is NOT RACING.

So basically, what is your gripe??

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg All-Star Show