IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tyler Courtney
2/25/13, 11:39 AM   #1
Tyler Courtney
Midget 89

What Saturday night track will Tyler Courtney be running when he isn't running USAC sprints? What's his background? Looked good Saturday night at Ocala.

2/25/13, 11:45 AM   #2
Re: Tyler Courtney
UberKuhlMan

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 70

Last year, it looked like he ran Lincoln Park Speedway just about every Saturday and Kokomo almost weekly. I believe they said on the broadcast he came from Micros but don't quote me on that.

2/25/13, 12:24 PM   #3
dirt330

Who does he drive for.

2/25/13, 12:53 PM   #4
on_the_edge

I believe he drives a family car, and is a product of BCI. I seem to remember him driving a BCI midget some.

2/25/13, 2:16 PM   #5
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Tyler was also the recipient of this years Billy Marvel Jr. Hoosier Sprint Rookie of the Year Award winner at the HARF Banquet, a well deserved winner. bob

5 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, Koonzee, LUCKYONE, mowerman, racing2bwithu2
2/25/13, 2:47 PM   #6
TylerCourtney23c

Thanks for the kind words guys. I started racing in quarter midgets then moved to 600's when I was 12 and then started making some midget starts when I was 16 and raced about 15 midget races over the past couple years. This past summer I bought a sprint car and got it going the last weekend of June. I ran 17 shows throughout the rest of the summer. I've been fortunate enough to have some sponsors to get me through last summer and down to Florida. Brian Hayden was kind enough to let me help him split his cost of his rig fuel in trade for hauling my car down to florida as well. And I would like to thank Robbie Parish, Mike and Josh Derrickson for volunteering to come down and help me last week at Ocala. Looking forward to getting to As many races as possible the rest of the year,all around Indiana, and most if not all of the USAC races as to try and earn their "rookie of the year" honors.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/25/13, 2:52 PM   #7
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerCourtney23c View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys. I started racing in quarter midgets then moved to 600's when I was 12 and then started making some midget starts when I was 16 and raced about 15 midget races over the past couple years. This past summer I bought a sprint car and got it going the last weekend of June. I ran 17 shows throughout the rest of the summer. I've been fortunate enough to have some sponsors to get me through last summer and down to Florida. Brian Hayden was kind enough to let me help him split his cost of his rig fuel in trade for hauling my car down to florida as well. And I would like to thank Robbie Parish, Mike and Josh Derrickson for volunteering to come down and help me last week at Ocala. Looking forward to getting to As many races as possible the rest of the year,all around Indiana, and most if not all of the USAC races as to try and earn their "rookie of the year" honors.

Posted via Mobile Device
Nice Job and Best of Luck this Year!

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
2/25/13, 3:28 PM   #8
The Old Coyote

Tyler,
I got this picture of Hunter Schurerenberg and you wrenching on your car Satruday afternoon. I love seeing you young guys race AND work on your cars. Good luck the rest of the season!
Attached Images
IMG_0359.JPG (1.35 MB, 281 views)

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
2/25/13, 6:01 PM   #9
interpreter66

nice job starting on the front row saturday night,not much pressure ,the guy next to you only had like 45 win's or something like that

good luck the rest of the year
Last edited by interpreter66; 2/25/13 at 6:03 PM. Reason: can't count

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
2/25/13, 7:27 PM   #10
Micro 11

"Sunshine" was a great micro racer. Always raced hard and clean. Made the transition to midgets and sprints look easy. He has been very impressive!

2 members like this post: billwill7, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tyler Courtney