IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AMSA and MMSA
4/29/08, 10:55 PM   #1
AMSA and MMSA
Phylo82

As the father of a driver that is moving from quarter midgets to a 1000cc mini-sprint I am curious........Why are there 2 very similar organizations running in the same area of SW Ohio and SE Indiana?

With MMSA running races at Moler and AMSA running races at Lawrenceburg wouldn't it make more sense to combine efforts and run as one sanctioning body?

We have considered running and/or joining both and I am trying to figure out what would make the most sense.

Thanks.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

4/29/08, 11:33 PM   #2
Re: AMSA and MMSA
racechevy

Phil, come up to 35 raceway and run with us this saturday , its a 1/5 mile track would be good experience for your son. www.35raceway.com
as far as MMSA or Amsa its just another chioce, i guess and Moler runs Fridays and The burg on saturday.

4/30/08, 9:08 AM   #3
NKU NORSE

Look at the two in regards to pay outs. The MMSA pays VERY well, several of their races are 1,000 to win and 100.00 to start. Give credit to ERC and Bill May for giving money back to the racer's.

As for me personally, I'm going to run a split schedule of AMSA and MMSA events this year. I'd love to run all MMSA events but with the price of gas so high, I'll have to stay local and run at Lawrenceburg with the AMSA.

4/30/08, 10:45 AM   #4
FASTNOTLAST

Choices is right on

4/30/08, 10:56 AM   #5
FASTNOTLAST

It is choices the MMSA org is a high paying org for now how long it will last is another thing the AMSA is a well paying org but the owner of our oginization wants to stay tied to 1 track (ie the Burg) we asked him to find other tracks and he did'nt so a car owner and former owner of ERC chassis co, Allen Rupenthal started the MMSA the big money is coming from him himself the way I understand it the tracks pay a little less to the MMSA than they would to the AMSA and Allen adds to it and it gives more exposure by racing at more tracks. a split schedule would be wise move as would going to 35 this weekend even though it is not a AMSA or MMSA show all of us can race with each other. the change comes next year when the MMMS only allow the 1000cc the AMSA has talked for years to go to the 1000cc now someone has kudos.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AMSA and MMSA