IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
miledirt (Offline)
  #1 8/13/09 12:09 AM
Somehow I missed this one. Was that recently scheduled? Either way, should be a good one!
sprintgal (Offline)
  #2 8/13/09 12:53 AM
Yes, that race has been scheduled since the beginning of the racing season..Not quite sure what last year's Shaheens race paid..but this year it will be the $10,000 to win MSCS sanctioned race.
mscs20 (Offline)
  #3 8/13/09 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by miledirt:
Somehow I missed this one. Was that recently scheduled? Either way, should be a good one!
It is an MSCS non wing event. Not a new add on.
mortboyz
  #4 8/13/09 12:58 AM
It's a tribute called the Shaheen's Super Weekend.......

Won last year by Dave Darland
Jack Dupp (Offline)
  #5 8/13/09 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by :
Not quite sure what last year's Shaheens race paid..
$6,000

Don't miss this show. It is a MONSTER!
staggerman (Offline)
  #6 8/13/09 10:07 AM
Since they are running this against the 4-Crown should be interesting to see what kind of car count they get. Anyone have an idea?
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #7 8/13/09 10:43 AM
I think the car count will still be good, just not the top USAC guys. Last year was a great race. Remember when they sent DC to the back after he and Yeley tangled. Wow, did he get his elbows up after that. Darland was so fast right on the bottom, but there were cars all over the track. I'm looking forward to this race again.
sprintgal (Offline)
  #8 8/13/09 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by staggerman:
Since they are running this against the 4-Crown should be interesting to see what kind of car count they get. Anyone have an idea?
With the Shaheen's race on Friday and 4 Crown on Saturday, Racin Jason Adams(MSCS Tour Director) has been talking to several teams showing interest in runnin Jville and then a haulin a$$ to Eldora.
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #9 8/13/09 2:13 PM
I remember going to Shaheen's Super Weekend in the 1970s. Back then they ran at Little Springfield on Friday and Saturday night and on the Springfield mile Sunday afternoon. Now there was a Super Weekend. At the first one, they had 117 cars show up. After the demise of Little Springfield, Jacksonville took up this tribute race. If you haven't been, come on over. You will see a Super Show.

Frank Daigh
Great Scott (Offline)
  #10 8/13/09 2:38 PM
We can't wait for this race. I am looking forward to going back to Jacksonville to see the MSCS.