IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Area Auto Racing News
3/26/11, 6:17 PM   #1
Area Auto Racing News
staggerman

Anyone get this paper? I see they are offering NSSN subscribers a 6 issues for $10 trial or 50 issues for $45. Just didn't know if this paper was even on par with NSSN or is this an all Napcar paper. I might be willing to give it a try if it has some good sprint car coverage. Any thoughts?

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
3/26/11, 6:30 PM   #2
Re: Area Auto Racing News
left rear

I think its a great publication however it does favor dirt mods a bit. Definatly has some great sprint car coverage.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
3/26/11, 6:42 PM   #3
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I am basing these comments on the only copy I have seen, the February 8, 2011 issue I got at Volusia. The paper covers racing in the East, and appears to cover it really well. This issue was almost all open wheel-sprints (mostly winged), midgets (mainly indoor), quarter midgets, etc., modifieds, including the fire-breathing eastern modifieds, lots of columnists. Cover and inside back cover in full color, and there were color photos on four inside pages. They have some good photographers contributing. Articles on the coming season at Fremont OH and Eldora, as well as USAC sprints coming back to Lernerville.

They might cover more area when more tracks open, since they did cover the Florida tracks. I just don't know. I do know that I would be a regular subscriber if I lived in the East.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, IndyBound
3/26/11, 6:55 PM   #4
TeamCGR

Being in NY, we have subscribed for years. It is heavy on the North East US and very heavy on Wing Sprint Cars. The Sammons Family does a great job covering NE teams and drivers but there is very little coverage on the Non Wingers. Cup is covered well as is the other Stock Car series. I still get this paper so I can keep up on our friends that race Big Blocks in the NE and the Wing Guys we used to race with in the past. Good publication for Wingers, Mod's and Fender cars...

pg

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, dirtnonwingfan, IndyBound
3/26/11, 7:19 PM   #5
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

This is the first cover of 2011. My favorite racing paper. Good editorial. I live 4-5 hours from Central Indiana, and 4-5 hours the other way to Western New York. I like everything but lawn mowers and drag racing. I would like drag racing, trying to keep up with everything else consumes a lot of time.

The non wing coverage isn't too strong, PA sprint week is covered well. I would imagine with new subscribers and new contributers they may change that. Racing papers are largely supplied by over worked employees and dedicated volunteers. If you would like to see more sprints and midgets let them know http://aarn.com/contactus.html, or contact them on Facebook.

3/26/11, 8:15 PM   #6
c47

aarn.com

they do a good job of covering the northeast and larger national races. always have writeups about larger non wing sprint races such as speedweek, ect. the owners sons are racers.....one in a pavement mod and the other in urc/410 winged sprints.
any local larger race you will find the owner in the pits talking to the teams.
its a bit pricy on the newstand but well worth the subscription price.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, dirtnonwingfan
3/27/11, 7:21 AM   #7
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Good luck getting it on time. The newsstand price has to be high enough to cover all those top wings Davey goes through!
Posted using Mobile Device

3/27/11, 10:58 AM   #8
c47

thats just cold

3/27/11, 6:48 PM   #9
Danny Burton

Shameless plug alert:

Hawkeye Racing News is alive and well in Iowa. Covers a bit of Hoosier racing......especially when Kris Pederson and I are at the same race.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, SprintManDave
3/27/11, 8:09 PM   #10
Russell Ficklin

What this race fan in Indiana needs is not an east coast or Iowa racing paper, but a racing paper covering sprint cars, midgets, and dirt cars. Would love to see a racing paper with coverage of front engine openwheel racing from all the major tracks running weekly and the national touring series. This would be a dream come true as these are the races that I follow on the internet and by listening to DO on Monday nights. I read SC&M and Flatout cover to cover every issue. Wouldn't it be super to have that kind of coverage in your hands weekly! I guess that I am just old fashioned, because I would still rather have the paper copy than the internet edition.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Area Auto Racing News