IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fri Jun 2 WAR Sprints, POWRi Midgets, Micros, DIIs @ J-Ville
5/30/17, 1:30 PM   #1
Fri Jun 2 WAR Sprints, POWRi Midgets, Micros, DIIs @ J-Ville
CILTRAK PR

This Friday Night, June 2nd it’s an open wheel showcase as drivers from around the world descend on Jacksonville Speedway for our annual stop on the POWRi Speed Week schedule. This year the WAR Non-Wing Sprint Cars will join the National Midgets, Micros and DII midgets for what promises to be one of the most spectacular events of the 2017 season.

Friday, June 2
POWRi Illinois Speed Week

Divisions Racing:
POWRi WAR Sprints​
Lucas Oil​ POWRi​ National Midgets
Speedway Motors​ POWRi 600cc WInged Outlaw Micros
Lucas Oil POWRi DII Midgets

Times:
Grandstands open at 5:00
Hot Laps 6:15
Racing at 7:00

Pricing:
Adult admission is $20 ($18 with a drivers license or other documentation showing you are an organ donor – in honor of the late Bryan Clauson.
Ages 11-18 $7
Kids 10 and under Free
Pit passes are $35.

For more information, follow Jacksonville Speedway​ online at www.jacksonvillespeedway.com, like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/JacksonvilleSpeedway) and follow us on Twitter (@jaxspeedway).

For more information on POWRi, visit www.powri.com, like them on Facebook (www.facebook.com/powri) and follow them on Twitter (@POWRi_Racing)

Jacksonville Speedway is located on the Morgan County Fairgrounds in Jacksonville, Illinois. The physical address is 110 N Westgate Ave
Jacksonville, Illinois, IL 62650

3 members like this post: illinifan, Simon_says17, WinglessLovers
5/30/17, 11:48 PM   #2
Re: Fri Jun 2 WAR Sprints, POWRi Midgets, Micros, DIIs @ J-V
CILTRAK PR

A note regarding road construction here in town. The East half of Morton Avenue, which is our main East-West road through town is under heavy construction. If coming from the East, as most of you will be doing, please take the third Jacksonville exit for US 67 and come into the track from the West side of town. It will save you a lot of headache... especially in a race hauler.
Last edited by CILTRAK PR; 5/31/17 at 12:07 AM.

5/30/17, 11:57 PM   #3
kdobson

Hey PD - I already posted the above post in its own thread yesterday. You might delete it. Don't want to post the same stuff over and over here. New phone and I've lost your number so text it to me. - KD

Everyone else... Sorry for the repeat post. PD is an awesome PR guy, as you can tell when he does it without me even having his number!

5/31/17, 12:09 AM   #4
CILTRAK PR

10-4. Left the travel notice up as it is something that is important to be seen, especially for anyone making their first trip here and new to the area or not being too familiar to the town.

5/31/17, 12:10 AM   #5
tirespinner

Last edited by tirespinner; 5/31/17 at 12:14 AM.

5/31/17, 12:15 AM   #6
tirespinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdobson View Post
Hey PD - I already posted the above post in its own thread yesterday. You might delete it. Don't want to post the same stuff over and over here. New phone and I've lost your number so text it to me. - KD

Everyone else... Sorry for the repeat post. PD is an awesome PR guy, as you can tell when he does it without me even having his number!
But you had to web link info!!

5/31/17, 10:39 AM   #7
CILTRAK PR

WOW! How 'bout this! Chris Blair from Gateway Motorsports Park said.. "I'll see your $2 discount and raise you in memory of BC..."

The first 250 adults who purchase an adult grandstand admission this Friday Night and show a drivers license or other proof that they are an organ donor will not only get our measly $2 discount off a ticket... but will also receive TWO free tickets to the June 17th Drivin' For Linemen 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race at Gateway Motorsports Park.

So by being an organ donor, for $18 you not only get to see an incredible racing event here Friday Night featuring POWRi Midgets and WAR Sprints, but also get to see a NASCAR Camping World Truck Race at Gateway featuring one of our track favorites Christopher Bell!

Great fella that Chris Blair... and we are lucky to have him keeping major league racing alive at Gateway to our South. As Chris said... "I'm all in on doing ANYTHING to promote the cause of BC." And thanks Kim Stewart for setting the ball in motion!

3 members like this post: Pat O'Connor Fan, Simon_says17, SpfldMile
6/1/17, 10:20 AM   #8
CILTRAK PR

Christopher Bell says, "I can't be there Friday, so why don't you come visit me?" Thanks to Chris and Kyle Busch Motorsports one lucky organ donor fan will win a special "Christopher Bell Experience" for the June 17th NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Gateway Motorsports Park.

Chris is the defending truck race winner at Gateway and has included 2 garage passes and an opportunity for a photo with Chris standing by his truck following driver introductions.

How do you win? Be one of the first 250 grandstand guests Friday Night at Jacksonville Speedway with proof that you are an organ donor. You will receive a $2 discount off admission and 2 tickets to the truck race. Our current plan is to number the truck tickets and draw a number at intermission for the winner of the Christopher Bell Prize. If you win and truly don't think you will use the tickets, PLEASE donate them back for us to draw another winner that can. The winner will need to provide us contact information so that we can make arrangements with KBM.

Thank you Chris for supporting our event here at Jacksonville Speedway and supporting the legacy of Bryan Clauson and the cause of organ donation.

UPDATE from Chris Blair of Gateway Motorsports Park. " I'll make it even better... the person winning the 'Christopher Bell Experience' will get to sit in a suite during the race, after having their picture taken with Christopher next to the truck, PLUS I'll give them two (2) free ride passes for the Gateway Kartplex"

6/1/17, 10:23 AM   #9
CILTRAK PR

Tomorrow. It's going to be a gas it up, elbows up,don't give up, don't let up kind of night.

POWRI Speed Week hits Jacksonville Speedway with Lucas Oil POWRi Midgets, BOSS WAR Non-Wing Sprints, Speedway Motors POWRi Micro Sprints and DII MIdgets. A thrilling all open wheel action packed night.

Grandstands Open at 5:00. Hot Laps 6:15. Racing at 7:00.

Adult admission $20 ($18 with proof you are an organ donor) Ages 11-18 $7, Kids 10 and under Free.

The first 250 adults with proof of being an organ donor will receive 2 FREE tickets to the June 17th NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Gateway Motorsports Park. One lucky person will win a "Christopher Bell Experience" Prize package for the Gateway Race.

Weather should be beautiful, food will be warm, beverages will be cold, racing will be intense! Come join us this Friday at Jacksonville Speedway.

Last edited by CILTRAK PR; 6/1/17 at 10:25 AM.

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
6/1/17, 10:53 AM   #10
CILTRAK PR

If you haven't... you should.
Perfect time to take a moment to remember someone who inspired, thrilled and entertained us here at Jacksonville Speedway as we gear up for our midget week event this Friday. #BCForever

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19483617
Last edited by CILTRAK PR; 6/1/17 at 11:04 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fri Jun 2 WAR Sprints, POWRi Midgets, Micros, DIIs @ J-Ville