IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Power of the Internet
10/15/11, 5:00 PM   #1
The Power of the Internet
DonMoore10

The internet is probably the most revolutionary invention in our society since the telephone and the automobile. It's quick, current and a tremendous port for literally any information you may be seaching for. From time to time participants on this forum have made the statement that the issues discussed mean nothing in that the opinions expressed have little impact on the racing world. Recently there have been two discussions on IOW that have seen a change in the how the world of auto racing is administered. The promoters of the Gold Crown Midget Nationals paid attention to the posts that addressed purse structure. Changes were made and larger dollars amounts were awarded throughout the finishing positions. That resulted in larger car counts, more fans in the stands and a true plus for the progression of midget auto racing. A more recent thread addressed entry/late entry fees. When I arrived at Kokomo Speedway yesterday, I was informed that the late entry fee had been dropped.

Your opinions and thoughts do make a difference!

6 members like this post: apexonephoto, dirt330, dirtnonwingfan, jdull99, jim goerge, TQ29m
10/15/11, 5:05 PM   #2
Re: The Power of the Internet
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Its not off topic to show that negative post aren't made for Possitive reasons. A lot of good comes from it sometimes.

Im sure the promoter/Sanction/track often incur a lot of headaches from it but when a consensus is reached among drivers/owners/fans. Its their job to look into what the problem is and solve it.

Was great to see 21 cars show up at the Klash yesterday and Yes, I love Midgets and think currently the racing is the best there's been in decades in that class.

10/15/11, 5:07 PM   #3
BrentTFunk

Don, glad that worked out for you. Good thing you came, or you would have never known. Thank you for showing up, and putting a very good driver in your car.

3 members like this post: apexonephoto
10/15/11, 5:11 PM   #4
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Don, glad that worked out for you. Good thing you came, or you would have never known. Thank you for showing up, and putting a very good driver in your car.
It doesn't get much better than working with Casey Shuman.

6 members like this post: apexonephoto, BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, dirtnonwingfan, wbr
10/15/11, 10:00 PM   #5
fishnman

I for one am thankful for all the tech advances in communication. I have had a very hectic last couple of months and it has helped me out in me keeping my sanity being able to at least jump on IOW and keep updated on all the races I have missed out on in the latter part of the season. Then again, on the other hand, I sure miss the days when I would get my Mid-Amercan and NSSN in the mail and would see what happened at tracks the week before and see what track I might go to that weekend

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Power of the Internet