IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RGraves (Offline)
  #1 5/8/11 10:23 PM
Just saw on Facebook that the Hut Hundred will not be co-sanctioned by Powri, USAC only.

Wonder what is going on with that. Really hoping for a good turnout.
arctic monkey21 (Offline)
  #2 5/8/11 10:35 PM
Its on the POWRi schedule and I'm not seeing any releases from any of the parties involved on their sites or facebook pages. Sure hope its not true.

Looks like I was on the wrong Tri-State facebook page, didn't know they had a made a new one.
RGraves (Offline)
  #3 5/8/11 10:41 PM
It is on Tri- State Speedway's FB Page.

"Tri-State Speedway- "The Class Track"
The Haubstadt Hut 100 is coming up on Sat. May 21st. A change in the program - this is now sanctioned by USAC only. The support division is now the UMP Modifieds. Please spread the word to the Modified drivers. It will be a great race to see with the Midgets racing for 100 laps!"
2 Likes: jim goerge
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #4 5/8/11 11:03 PM
After it was announced that the Gold Crown Nationals would no longer be co-sanctioned by POWRI, I was actually surprised to still see the Hut Hundred remaining on the schedule as a co-sanction. I don't know for a fact, but I suspect it could have something to do with the rev limit rule changes that USAC adopted before the season. I think Badger adopted something similar shortly afterwards, but I never saw POWRI doing the same.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
RGraves (Offline)
  #5 5/8/11 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
After it was announced that the Gold Crown Nationals would no longer be co-sanctioned by POWRI, I was actually surprised to still see the Hut Hundred remaining on the schedule as a co-sanction. I don't know for a fact, but I suspect it could have something to do with the rev limit rule changes that USAC adopted before the season. I think Badger adopted something similar shortly afterwards, but I never saw POWRI doing the same.

Jerry
I figured the RPM changes might have had something to do with it.
jdull99 (Offline)
  #6 5/8/11 11:16 PM
Anyone ever hear how the RPM rule went over last month???

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
jasondull.com (For all the Racing News)
Jonr (Offline)
  #7 5/9/11 7:38 AM
I was at two POWRI shows the weekend of April 29-30 (Valley Speedway and Lucas Oil Speedway) The POWRI announcer was doing a lot of promoting of upcoming shows, but he was really promoting the Hut Hundred. Based on how hard he was promoting it, I am surprised by this move.
deannalynn
  #8 5/9/11 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by RGraves:
Just saw on Facebook that the Hut Hundred will not be co-sanctioned by Powri, USAC only.

Wonder what is going on with that. Really hoping for a good turnout.
What facebook page? Did somebody get drunk and start a rumor?
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #9 5/9/11 12:25 PM
look at tri state speedway web site ---- it tells all ---
  #10 5/9/11 12:55 PM
UMP Modifieds Rock!